Sway bar disconnect for non Rubicon models

LetsGoMuddin

Hey I'm a noobie to all this, and I was wondering if there are sway bar disconect systems for non Rubicon Jeeps? I know they don't come with one but are there aftermarket systems? Thanks for the help!

RockyJk

Yup quick disconnects they are not electrical but just as easy just pull pins and your axle is disconnected :thumbup:

Serg5000

Thats how the rubi is. I'm sure they aren't cheep even used.

Seen them go from $150.00 all the way up to $1200.00. I think $200.00 is fair for a used one given there is no guarantee its going to work for very long.
The electronics fail. But Off Road Evolution took care of that with their no limits setup.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, I might look for a used or even broken factory Rubicon e-disco unit. If it is broken, just install an EVO no limits kit on it and you're good to go.

rtguy1

As mentioned, I might look for a used or even broken factory Rubicon e-disco unit. If it is broken, just install an EVO no limits kit on it and you're good to go.

This is what I have done and recommend.

The quick discos work but are a hassle and are greasy as hell. I would skip them and if you dont wanna pay for a used rubi bar just unbolt the stock ones honestly.

aaronstephen

You could look at the MetalCloak quick discos. Very simple to use and not greasy like others.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367515444.002543.jpg

- aaron

Sent from the WAYALIFE app

LetsGoMuddin

Thanks for the help guys! So for example, if I buy a JK X, I could install a Rubicon sway bar disconnect system with the Evo no limits kit? It would work on a Sahara model as well I'm guessing? How would the no limits kit compare to an electronic sway bar disconnect system?

rtguy1

Thanks for the help guys! So for example, if I buy a JK X, I could install a Rubicon sway bar disconnect system with the Evo no limits kit? It would work on a Sahara model as well I'm guessing? How would the no limits kit compare to an electronic sway bar disconnect system?

It will bolt up in the same location using the same holes as the stock bar. Takes about 10 min. The no limits is a manual disconnect versus the electronic piece that is prone to failure. Basically you just turn a knob on the swaybar and its discod. Turn it the other way to re connect. Simple. No messing with the links at all. The evo no limits part replaces the electrical piece and bolts in its place.

suicideking

I'm probably going to eventually get an anti-rock. It's a complete replacement sway/torsion bar that you don't need to disconnect.

Torsion means that it still applies pressure to both wheels even if you have one way up on a rock and the other in the dirt. It provides better traction than simply disconnecting. The downside is some complain it doesn't handle as well on the street. From the people I've talked to that have it, you get used to how it handles.

I currently have the RK (rock krawler) discos that came with my lift. They're mediocre at best. Often a pain to reconnect. Plus my passenger wheel sometimes rubs them at full flex and full turn.

I like the idea of picking up a broken rubi sway bar and throwing a no limit disconnect on it. I do like the MetalCloak discos as well as they are not all greasy and such. hmmmmm such decisions...

andrew -

LetsGoMuddin

It will bolt up in the same location using the same holes as the stock bar. Takes about 10 min. The no limits is a manual disconnect versus the electronic piece that is prone to failure. Basically you just turn a knob on the swaybar and its discod. Turn it the other way to re connect. Simple. No messing with the links at all. The evo no limits part replaces the electrical piece and bolts in its place.

Ok I like this way, I'll probably do this when I guy a Jeep:thumb: Thanks for the help everyone!

whispike

So does this mean the disconnects can only be used manually or can they still be activated electronically as well with the EVO?

boardsurfer

So does this mean the disconnects can only be used manually or can they still be activated electronically as well with the EVO?

Manually only. You remove the motor and replace it with the knob device. I have it installed and it's the bomb. 3 turns on the dial and you're done. No getting to level ground, no frustration getting manual links to line up. Just twist it, and it connects on its own when the jeep finds level.

whispike

Manually only. You remove the motor and replace it with the knob device. I have it installed and it's the bomb. 3 turns on the dial and you're done. No getting to level ground, no frustration getting manual links to line up. Just twist it, and it connects on its own when the jeep finds level.

So would you recommend it over a quick disconnect system? I have a sport so I would have to find a used one somewhere.

boardsurfer

I have a sport too and if you can get past a couple hundred extra dollars for the convenience it's pretty hard to beat.

Top Bottom