Water leak towards the driver and passenger door

QuintonYoung

I have a 2007 midnight blue rubicon 2 door with a soft top and I have been trying to solve this problem for about 2 months now I've noticed I'm not the only one with this issue it's very common I think I've got it down to where the leak is coming from the top of the windshield between the soft top and the top of the window so what I did was in the weather stripping above the window I put black silicone in it to fill the gap and it seems to work a little but still getting water. The help is greatly needed thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, anytime you have a top on any vehicle that can open and close, your potential for leaks will be there. Add in a windshield that can be folded down and doors that can be removed and you just increase the problem. The best I can recommend is that you make sure that everything is lining up and that none of the seals are bent, folded over or gapping when closed. Typically, a leak like you've described will come from the corner, the point where the 3 pieces meet and that's a tough point to get on right.

QuintonYoung

Unfortunately, anytime you have a top on any vehicle that can open and close, your potential for leaks will be there. Add in a windshield that can be folded down and doors that can be removed and you just increase the problem. The best I can recommend is that you make sure that everything is lining up and that none of the seals are bent, folded over or gapping when closed. Typically, a leak like you've described will come from the corner, the point where the 3 pieces meet and that's a tough point to get on right.

Hey thanks for the advice and do you know how much new door seals are and metal header is so I can replace my plastic one on my soft top to a metal one instead

Top Bottom