Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: So how many YJ owners are there here on WAL?

Quote Originally Posted by Draconianwinter View Post
    Like it or not changing the motor will always effect it though not like some people will claim. Mostly depends on if the motor you put in is a good motor and the install is done properly. That said if you are using the jeep at all then thou will decrease the value. Jeeps are great and hold value better than most, but one thing yup keep in mind. No matter if it is a hot rod or a jeep you not likely ever get back three amount of money you spend on it. If you are planning to keep it then habe fun with it even if it doesn't go on tails you can still enjoy it. The engine swap is pretty much a preference. Me I would do the swap n the next guy you ask may not. When j had my last cj7 people thought I was insane for taking it off road, because it was on such good shape, and it was. But I still did out and enjoyed the hell out of that little jeep. Oddly enough when I bought my 2016 Rubicon people said the same exact thing about how they would never take it off road because it was way to nice of a vehicle. No matter what you do or don't do someone will always disagree with what you are doing lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thx for your reply,
    I guess because I buy & sell used cars all my life it's always a concern of mine,VALUE VALUES... I have many cars , this jeep I bought to flip but after playing with it I have released that it's a fun thing!And besides I stole it!! So I guess I'm gonna just Drop a inline 6into it Not worry about Value , I'm thinking it will increase the Value because my guys will do the install and it will look better than factory and it'll fly IMG_0431.jpg
    New picture with light bar and hood decals!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say if you plan on keeping it then yes if you plan to sell it or trade in then no

Today I put a light bar and hood decals
    IMG_0431.jpg

Like it or not changing the motor will always effect it though not like some people will claim. Mostly depends on if the motor you put in is a good motor and the install is done properly. That said if you are using the jeep at all then thou will decrease the value. Jeeps are great and hold value better than most, but one thing yup keep in mind. No matter if it is a hot rod or a jeep you not likely ever get back three amount of money you spend on it. If you are planning to keep it then habe fun with it even if it doesn't go on tails you can still enjoy it. The engine swap is pretty much a preference. Me I would do the swap n the next guy you ask may not. When j had my last cj7 people thought I was insane for taking it off road, because it was on such good shape, and it was. But I still did out and enjoyed the hell out of that little jeep. Oddly enough when I bought my 2016 Rubicon people said the same exact thing about how they would never take it off road because it was way to nice of a vehicle. No matter what you do or don't do someone will always disagree with what you are doing lol

I agree with that,I'm going with the original inline 6 ... today I put a light bar and hood decals look
    IMG_0431.jpg

Nothing but a Thing Draconianwinter's Avatar
    Definitely a sweet looking ride

Awe I am going to slow for your tastes? well to bad if I ain't being paid I ain't in no hurry lol

Definitely a sweet looking ride

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213