Finally arrived...

Sporadic

...new JKS front LCA's. plan to install tomorrow (thumbs up!)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367699754.952840.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367699616.208341.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367699616.208341.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 206

Sporadic

Okay, need a little guidance from those who have done this before. No instructions included and can't find any online for this model - JSPEC 1610.

Lining up the JKS' beside the factory LCA'S's with the bend oriented the same, the adjustable gold end would mount to the chassis rail and the fixed end to the axle housing bracket. Is this correct? Instructions for a different model states the opposite which changes the bend orientation (tire clearance) so I want to be sure.

Thanks in advance
Ty

JK1

i have the same ones and they are great.... the adjustable(gold end) goes to the frame side...do you have a lift?? if so make sure you get your caster back to stock so your going to want to make the new ones a little longer.. hope this helps

Sporadic

i have the same ones and they are great.... the adjustable(gold end) goes to the frame side...do you have a lift?? if so make sure you get your caster back to stock so your going to want to make the new ones a little longer.. hope this helps

Thanks for the help JK1.

Yes, purchased these specifically to correct my caster after a lift.

Sporadic

23" eye to eye seems just about perfect.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367880080.121392.jpg

Very noticeable improvement in the steering (wandering). Yay!

I now need to recenter the steering wheel. Is this expected when lengthening the LCA's?

Thanks for the help.
Ty

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
It's an angle finder/protractor.

Ok that makes sense. Where did you place the flat to find the castor? On the drive shaft or somewhere on the diff?

I've got an Enforcer lift coming and will end up replacing the LCAs withe adjustable ones. I will probably have to go through this same process.

kRay.JK

Bump...

"I now need to recenter the steering wheel. Is this expected when lengthening the LCA's?"

Yes, you've ever-so-slightly pushed the bottom/front of the axle assembly towards the front of the truck which will tug a little on the drag-link, thus pulls your steering wheel to the side a bit.

Edit: remember to find the angle of the ground you're working on and compensate for that in the measurement you take on the axle assembly.

Last edited:

Sporadic

Ok that makes sense. Where did you place the flat to find the castor? On the drive shaft or somewhere on the diff?

I've got an Enforcer lift coming and will end up replacing the LCAs withe adjustable ones. I will probably have to go through this same process.

Doknocker,

I measured in two places. For caster I placed the flat side of the angle finder on the C. You want around +4.2°. Then I placed the flat side of the angle finder on the flat area on the front diff cover. You want to see 0°.

Check out Eddie's alignment write-up, it was very helpful.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Doknocker,

I measured in two places. For caster I placed the flat side of the angle finder on the C. You want around +4.2°. Then I placed the flat side of the angle finder on the flat area on the front diff cover. You want to see 0°.

Check out Eddie's alignment write-up, it was very helpful.

Excellent I will definitely check that out! Thanks.

Sporadic

Yes, you've ever-so-slightly pushed the bottom/front of the axle assembly towards the front of the truck which will tug a little on the drag-link, thus pulls your steering wheel to the side a bit.

Edit: remember to find the angle of the ground you're working on and compensate for that in the measurement you take on the axle assembly.

Thanks kRay.JK!

The ground measured at 0° so there wasn't any compensation figured into the axle Assm.

Top Bottom