Coolant fluid level

tkkim

I just check coolant oil level while i changing engine oil. It was less than minimum.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1367792979.973801.jpg

Pink one is fluid and minimum line is upper than that.

I already went to dealer ship about this, they said it is normal.

Is it ok? Or when i turn on engine, will change?

tkkim

I just check coolant oil level while i changing engine oil. It was less than minimum.

View attachment 28487

Pink one is fluid and minimum line is upper than that.

I already went to dealer ship about this, they said it is normal.

Is it ok? Or when i turn on engine, will change?

And while driving, engine thermometer was normal.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a 2010 and have never needed to add coolant, in all the cars I've never had any mechanic tell me it's normal.

As far as I know it's always indicative of some issue, loose cap, overflow, leak that's just not visible.

How much is it losing and how fast after you top it off?

tkkim

I've never put coolant.. Mine is 12 jk.

If the pink is coolant ,Coolant fluid is almost bottom..

tkkim

I have a 2010 and have never needed to add coolant, in all the cars I've never had any mechanic tell me it's normal.

As far as I know it's always indicative of some issue, loose cap, overflow, leak that's just not visible.

How much is it losing and how fast after you top it off?

And the mechanic looked before.. And it does not have any leak...

jeeeep

Hooked
fill it to the line and keep track of how fast it drops, when hot it'll be higher when cool it should be level.
It shouldn't spill out of the overflow tube when hot if it's at the recommended cold fill level.

tkkim

fill it to the line and keep track of how fast it drops, when hot it'll be higher when cool it should be level.
It shouldn't spill out of the overflow tube when hot if it's at the recommended cold fill level.

ok I'll get tomorrow and will see.

jeeeep

Hooked
I should clarify - with the engine off and the fluid is still hot, it will be high, while the engine is running it'll be flowing and the level will rise and fall with the temp changes but should never flow out of the overflow tube.

If at idle it gets hot enough to force it to flow out of the overflow this could be an indicator of a sticking thermostat. when the engine is cold and off it should be back to where it begin.

tkkim

I should clarify - with the engine off and the fluid is still hot, it will be high, while the engine is running it'll be flowing and the level will rise and fall with the temp changes but should never flow out of the overflow tube.

If at idle it gets hot enough to force it to flow out of the overflow this could be an indicator of a sticking thermostat. when the engine is cold and off it should be back to where it begin.

It is same level whether engine is hot or off. Almost Bottom of coolant tank. I went to dealer with same issue, they said no leak and they filled up.

But the engine thermometer always in normal position which is center.

jeeeep

Hooked
yea, it'll stay center until it exceeds certain levels, that gauge isn't the most accurate - the electric fan kicks on as needed to help keep it in range. if it gets to the point where you don't see any fluid in the overflow when it's cool then it's disappearing somewhere.

They filled it to the marked level indicator and it's dropped below that again?

tkkim

yea, it'll stay center until it exceeds certain levels, that gauge isn't the most accurate - the electric fan kicks on as needed to help keep it in range. if it gets to the point where you don't see any fluid in the overflow when it's cool then it's disappearing somewhere.

They filled it to the marked level indicator and it's dropped below that again?

I think so... i didn't check how much they filled up after they finished.

so tomorrow I gotta go dealer again and will check after they done their job.

tkkim

It is same level whether engine is hot or off. Almost Bottom of coolant tank. I went to dealer with same issue, they said no leak and they filled up.

But the engine thermometer always in normal position which is center.

have one quick question.

I found two kinds of mopar coolant fluid.

one is 68048953ab and the other one is 68051212ab which the amazon said it was pre-diluted(50/50)

so if I buy first one, do I have to dilute by my self?

jeeeep

Hooked
have one quick question.

I found two kinds of mopar coolant fluid.

one is 68048953ab and the other one is 68051212ab which the amazon said it was pre-diluted(50/50)

so if I buy first one, do I have to dilute by my self?

Yes, the first one you'll need to dilute, use distilled water

kttx740

I've been experiencing a similar issue. Almost at the min. level after filling to max. and driving ~600 miles. Can't find a leak anywhere. No overheating issues.

Top Bottom