The Blank Canvas

So I started to personalize the JKUS last night finally. After having all parts received it was finally time to start the build. I started with the front bumper thinking it would be the simplest. Wrong. Anyway after about 6 hours and one trip to Home Depot and time off for dinner I am complete. I documented the process. So here it goes.
Before, while the sun was up.
108.JPG
With out the bumper
109.JPG
Directions called for drilling out the factory holes to 1/4 inch, however found if I went to 5/16 the lights weren't so hard to get on.
110.JPG
Used 7/16 split washer lock nuts on mounting hardware
111.JPG
used but connectors to extend factory fog light wire harness
112.JPG
then followed up with heat shrink to protect from water intrusion then followed up with tape and flexible wire protector.
113.JPG
Finally complete, yes the sun has set and SWMBO has retired to slumber.
114.JPG

Looking forwad to putting on the Waren Zeon winch and rear bumper with tire carrier this weekend and prepping for the rock sliders.

R/
Will

It has been a while since this has been updated. Might work on it today with the yuck weather we are having.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Holy hell this is an old thread lol there is a lot of updating that needs to be done here

So as Coz stated this is an old thread that I had completely forgot about. So to catch everyone up on the Building of Canvas.

Here is Canvas before the mods:
Jeep Before.jpg

Canvas after just a couple of changes.
IMG_0745.jpg

So how did Canvas go from the mild manner 2011 JKUS to where he is today shall we start.

So one of the first things I did was to install the EVO 3 inch plush ride coils, Rock Krawler LCA's, front Track Bar, and quick disconnects. The whole evolution took about an afternoon in the driveway with basic hand tools.

brake lines.jpg
brake lines1.jpg
trackbar.jpg
disco.jpg

Attachments

• shocks.jpg
    shocks.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 617
So after completing the lift I was like, I can do this. So I tackled installing the sport cage. Let me tell you that was a job and half. After reading the directions about 10 times and getting lost I figured it was time to go to Project-JK and follow the real directions. So here is the final product.
sportcage.jpg

Once the sport cage was completed it was time for the CB. Using the idea from Project-JK and Wayoflife, I went with the KC Daylight mounting bracket. On the tire carrier I went with a mirror mount antenna bracket.
cb2.jpg
cb1.jpg

Next will be the DIY Waytek Wire relay

The Waytek Wire relay was really my first ever electrical project I did by myself. Here it is.

relay1.jpg
Testing
relay2.jpg
Running the wires through the firewall behind the batter
relay3.jpg
relay4.jpg
relay5.jpg
Fabricating the switch panel. Yes I know the bottom switch is off.
relay6.jpg
Wiring up the switcher
relay7.jpg
Used a generator boot to protect the positive side of the relay.
relay07.jpg
relay8.jpg
All finished
relay9.jpg
Operational check
relay10.jpg
Last but not least lighting up for night vision
realy11.jpg

Next up will be the move from Florida to Texas

Well before we moved there was a couple of milestones in my career and life. On June 27, 2014 I retired from active duty after 20 years. On June 1, 2014 I graduated from Northcentral University with my Masters of Education, so SWMBO gave me a great present, new shoes for Canvas :thumb:

Picking them up from the Tire Store.
Nitto 35x12.5x17 Trail Grapplers
shoes1.jpg

The size comparison. The tires on the Ram were on Canvas.
shoes2.jpg
Side View
shoes3.jpg
Angle View
shoes4.jpg

Also had to add spacers because the ION wheels do not have enough back spacing.

Before
spacer1.jpg

After
spacer2.jpg

So mods that I do not have pictures for are the Turck-Lites and Rubi Sway Bar with EVO No Limits.

Up coming mods are Rubicon Transfer Case and spot and flood lights with EVO A Pillar bracket.

R/
Will

Here is a better picture of Canvas before the mods. Looking at the one I posted it already has the LoD Front Bumper which was done in May 2013 before I went on my last deployment.

Here is Canvas right after we brought him home from the dealer.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I have been trying to get a line on one of these for months now. Congrats and GRR!!!!
Oh yeah, subed! :bleh:

So mods that I do not have pictures for are the Turck-Lites and Rubi Sway Bar with EVO No Limits.

Up coming mods are Rubicon Transfer Case and spot and flood lights with EVO A Pillar bracket.

R/
Will

Top Bottom