Shopping.....

Noobicon

Hey everyone,
I'm pretty new here and to Jeeps. I have been shopping for a month and would value some feedback. My wife and I test drove 3 Jeeps, loaded Sahara, stripped down sport (Oscar mike edition) and the Rubicon that won my heart.

I have decided on a 2 door as we have no kids and it appears to be more practical for us. I want a hard top , stripped down on options to keep it around 32k. I have ruled out the sport and Sahara, it's a Rubicon or nothing. I want the Dana 44's and lockers with the sway bar disco.

Now that I am decided on the 2 door Rubicon with a hard top and know that I don't need leather and the uconnect bells and whistles.... I can't find what I want. Im flexible with color as there are so many cool choices, black, commando white or cobalt blue would all be great. So, I need advice on ordering exactly what I want. If anyone has ordered can you share the experience, time it took, was it worth it or should I compromise and get options I don't think I need.
Finding a 2 door Rubicon with a hard top stripped down on options is proving difficult after 6 dealerships. Thoughts, experiences with your own purchasing or general feed back might help in the decision process.
Thanks in advance

Noobicon

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered several Jeeps and would definitely recommend you do that. It's easy and you get what you want. If you are a member of Costco, I would recommend you go through them. Cost is fair and, if they find something in your area that meets your needs, they will let you know.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey everyone,
I'm pretty new here and to Jeeps. I have been shopping for a month and would value some feedback. My wife and I test drove 3 Jeeps, loaded Sahara, stripped down sport (Oscar mike edition) and the Rubicon that won my heart.

I have decided on a 2 door as we have no kids and it appears to be more practical for us. I want a hard top , stripped down on options to keep it around 32k. I have ruled out the sport and Sahara, it's a Rubicon or nothing. I want the Dana 44's and lockers with the sway bar disco.

Now that I am decided on the 2 door Rubicon with a hard top and know that I don't need leather and the uconnect bells and whistles.... I can't find what I want. Im flexible with color as there are so many cool choices, black, commando white or cobalt blue would all be great. So, I need advice on ordering exactly what I want. If anyone has ordered can you share the experience, time it took, was it worth it or should I compromise and get options I don't think I need.
Finding a 2 door Rubicon with a hard top stripped down on options is proving difficult after 6 dealerships. Thoughts, experiences with your own purchasing or general feed back might help in the decision process.
Thanks in advance

Noobicon

well the nice thing is that someone can always order one for you after you work them down on cost. i have a striped down sport and my only option was the A/C that i added. helped keep the price really low. also your color choice believe it or not will raise/lower the price. so red, silver, white, black will keep it low since its a high produced color. your greens and oranges will prob be concidered a premium color from what i have seen.

you can always go on jeeps website as well and "build" a mock up of things you may or may not like to get a better idea of possible price of it.

If you are a member of USAA you can build one there and they work with dealers all over the county and get a great price. We picked up SWMBO's 2014 Grand Cherokee and saved about 5k off the price.

Rule18

Order what you want, don't settle. You can find out what the current lead time is (varies based on demand) and then track your vehicle's progress throughout the process.

13JKUR

I would say order what you want also. I purchased a 2 door Sahara new back in 07 and there were some things that I wished I would've had on it. This time we ordered a '13 4 door rubi and couldn't be happier. Took us about 6 weeks from order till we got the call from the dealer. The only regret I have is we only ordered a hard top and I wished I ordered dual tops so we could have a soft top for summer. Other than that, extremely happy

keno4x4

Just like the others said, order what you want. It does not take long to order and if your salesman is like the one I had you will not regret it.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Joining Tread Lightly is another option. You get 1% below dealer invoice without haggling. Though I think USAA is cheaper and others have negotiated better pricing on their own.

Noobicon

Thanks for the input. Im calling the salesman tomorrow to set up an appointment to go over the process and all of my options.

Top Bottom