Bestop saddle bags for 2door jk, any opinions?

Ldogg

I am looking to get some storage bags for my 2door jk and I am wondering if anyone has these or has any opinions on them. I have also looked at the back trail outfitter ones, and they seem to go down into the wheel well and not above the side window, where the bestow ones stick up able the window some.

Thanks!

Ldogg

Thanks! Got any pics? I am just wondering how high up the windows they go, and if you think they are worth it. Also do they hold a fair amount? Or just a few small items?

Thanks!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
It blocks the side window. I always put it on the drivers side. As you can't look out that window anyway.

They hold a ton of shit, I put sleeping bags, pillows and clothes in it

Ldogg

I drove around today and didn't really notice any flapping. This was at 40 or below though. I will keep an ear open tomorrow on my way to work and let you know.

Ldogg

So I hit 70 on the way to work for several miles and the only thing flapping was the loose duffle strap/handle. It wasn't making noise though, and just needs to be tied down, probably between the straps that connect to the sport bars. The bags themselves did not move at all or make any noise at all.

Ldogg

Little update, the bags are a perfect fit for the trek top nx windows. Each side fits into each saddle bag with ease. I roll the back window up and it's in the tailgate area.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372808670.436630.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372808691.685842.jpg

jksmith93

Trying to imagine a way to modify the fitment a little and get these in my unlimited, any ideas? Or is it too much of a stretch?

Ldogg

Hmm, I don't know what you would attach the front facing side to. They may also interfere with the back seat passenger entrance/exit. If you mean across the back between the bars, I am not sure, but I bet that would actually work. The straps are adjustable, and I can measure the distance tonight between the roll bars on the side and back.

Top Bottom