Locker

suicideking

Yes, ARB makes great lockers and I would recommend them.

x2

If you do your research, I'm sure you will find the same thing that I did -- ARB is the top of the line. Some prefer other lockers for other reasons, but none can beat the ARB.

I put one in my rear in January. Love it so far.

jeeeep

Hooked
ARB makes a great locker, but...has yours failed already? I'm also planning ARB upgrade but I figure I'll run the stock Rubi until it screams uncle.

I'll be running 37's soon but don't think I'll use them for DD as they'll have a more aggressive tread - I'll keep my 35's for DD and upgrade when I feel the Rubi lockers just don't cut it anymore.

For those that made the switch, at what point did you upgrade and why?

kimer82

arb. just cant go wronng but it does come with price for lockers + compressor which you will need anyway for tires.

suicideking

arb. just cant go wronng but it does come with price for lockers + compressor which you will need anyway for tires.

This was my conclusion as well. My second choice was the Eaton E-locker which doesn't perform anywhere as well as the ARB according to the reviews I read + has design issues (2 pinion vs 4). The price of the lockers for ARB and Eaton are very close, within a few $100. The main thing that increases the price of the ARB is that it requires an air compressor.

So if you figure you are going to add OBA (onboard air) later anyway, then might as well just do it when you do the locker. This will negate most of the price difference.

One of the positive things I read many times when researching is that the ARB has a very positive lock and unlock. The Eaton and the OEM Rubi locker sometimes don't lock up right away and require you to lock before you get on an obstacle, a few feet before. However, if you're already stuck because you didn't use the locker, good luck getting it to engage. The ARB will be more likely to engage when you need it.

Plus, disengage is important as well. Probably more so for the front than the rear though. The rear will be more forgiving if you leave it locked. The front on the other hand, you may want to unlock so you can steer. I have the OEM Rubi locker up front. Often when I turn it off, I have to roll for a bit to get it to disengage. This is a pain when I need to turn.

Last edited:

DJCFHB

I'm running them and suggest them too. After all the research i did i was very pleased with the performance of ARB's. I pulled the stock lockers and sold them quick rather than running them until they break.

WhiteDynamite

ARB is running a promotion until May 31st. Buy one locker get the little compressor free... Buy two lockers get the bigger compressor free.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Lockers

I personally like the OX Lockers, they offer Manual, Electric or Air. I have seen them in action here in Europe and most of the Europeans run them and they are strong and very reliable. Most of them go with the manual and that is what I am looking at. The simpler it is the better, the cables are quick disconnects and there is an option to manually lock them on the trial with an actuator on the diff. I am not saying ARB is not a good locker by any means but I perfer OX and it is a 100% built in the USA.

http://www.ox-usa.com/ox/

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I personally like the OX Lockers, they offer Manual, Electric or Air. I have seen them in action here in Europe and most of the Europeans run them and they are strong and very reliable. Most of them go with the manual and that is what I am looking at. The simpler it is the better, the cables are quick disconnects and there is an option to manually lock them on the trial with an actuator on the diff. I am not saying ARB is not a good locker by any means but I perfer OX and it is a 100% built in the USA.

http://www.ox-usa.com/ox/

When they first came out, I really liked the idea of an OX but, over the years, they simply haven't shown themselves to be a better option to the tried and long tested ARB. Needless to say, not a whole lot of people run them anymore here in the states.

Top Bottom