1st and last time EVO purchase

xflstl

1st and last time EVO purchase / Evo exhonerated

The 1st week in March of this year my Jeep went into the shop to get a hemi upgrade, as well as a EVO long arm kit, and front and rear double throw down setup. I have never had any Evo product's before. I have heard good thing's about them and do think that most that I have seen are functional and good looking. When my Parts were ordered in early March we (The shop and myself) were told 4 to 6 weeks at the most for the build and delivery of the products. Told this by EVO Manufacturing, now at the 7 week mark the shop started calling and asking where the stuff was, and what was the hold up. The reply he got on several different calls was "We are waiting on KING to get us the shocks and bypasses" ... After getting this reply several times we were now at the 9 weeks from order date, so we requested they send us the hardware so we could get it all installed and setup. In response to that request we got "Umm ok we can do that, give us a couple days to get it all together" This was over a week ago......... Now we are at the 10 weeks from order date, and are still being told they have none of it ready for shipping.... Arrrrrrgh!!!!!!

I don't mind having to wait for what I am sure will be a great product, however I hate the customer service that makes excuses for why they have not gotten you something. They blame other's for the delay, then when you ask them to ship the other parts you order, well they don't have there shit ready either. Moral of the story, I most likely never order another EVO product, and if I do it will be from a 3rd party that has the item in stock when I place the order!!!

Sincerely Frustrated

Last edited:
Man that really sucks. I would be a bit frustrated too. You have ordered a pretty kick ass product so it will be worth the wait!

Napalm90

It took 3 weeks for me to get my skids from them... Called them said they were backed up on production, the wait was worth it in the end

Sent via carrier pigeon

StrizzyChris

Man that really sucks. I would be a bit frustrated too. You have ordered a pretty kick ass product so it will be worth the wait!

X2. I've come to realize and plan my orders around an expected lead time just like L.O.D. They are in high demand and trying to keep up. As much as it sucks, you'll be happy with the product in the end.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't believe any 3rd party stocks EVO products. People say order from Northridge but guess what, when you order from Northridge they then in turn call EVO and order it. Skid_kid ordered his bumper and stinger from Northridge and waited almost 2 months I believe. I ordered mine from EVO and it was 5 weeks. I was told 2-3 but it was 5. I know that they are really backed up and have been for a while. They have a handful of guys working in the manufacturing side and are not some huge company like a lot of the others.

If you are really upset about it just call the shop and ask to speak to Mel or Lisa. They are normally there.

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
I don't believe any 3rd party stocks EVO products. People say order from Northridge but guess what, when you order from Northridge they then in turn call EVO and order it. Skid_kid ordered his bumper and stinger from Northridge and waited almost 2 months I believe. I ordered mine from EVO and it was 5 weeks. I was told 2-3 but it was 5. I know that they are really backed up and have been for a while. They have a handful of guys working in the manufacturing side and are not some huge company like a lot of the others.

If you are really upset about it just call the shop and ask to speak to Mel or Lisa. They are normally there.

That's not entirely true about Northridge. My brothers wife ordered him the EVO front bumper and got it within a week because they had it in stock.. Also, I was on the phone with them just a couple days ago and they had some EVO products in stock that were still available. I imagine their "in stock" stash of EVO products probably goes extremely fast. My brother got his bolt on coilovers the same way.. In stock and within a week.

I guess it's just luck of the draw, but like the OP said.. I plan to order only when they have the parts in stock. Probably because I am impatient haha..

That's not entirely true about Northridge. My brothers wife ordered him the EVO front bumper and got it within a week because they had it in stock.. Also, I was on the phone with them just a couple days ago and they had some EVO products in stock that were still available. I imagine their "in stock" stash of EVO products probably goes extremely fast. My brother got his bolt on coilovers the same way.. In stock and within a week.

I guess it's just luck of the draw, but like the OP said.. I plan to order only when they have the parts in stock. Probably because I am impatient haha..

Either way, you wait... :thinking:

Skid_Kid

What Overlander said it correct. I ordered my EVO 1/4 pounder from Northridge and it was a two month turn around, my stinger was ordered straight from ORE and it was a 5 week turnaround. Most parts ordered from are made to order. The quality of the parts is outstanding and will be ordering an Enforcer lift soon.

You ordered a killer setup and will not be disappointed when it is installed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i know for me at least when i plan on FINALLY ordering something from EVO that it will take a while for it to get to me even if it is in stock. thats just because im on the East coast. either way i know that im going to get a great product to time doesnt really matter to me. as long as i get it im happy.

MTG

Caught the Bug
1) That sucks you do not have your parts yet. I really like the stuff I have from EVO. :thumb:
2) I hope you feel better now. :yup:

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
What Overlander said it correct. I ordered my EVO 1/4 pounder from Northridge and it was a two month turn around, my stinger was ordered straight from ORE and it was a 5 week turnaround. Most parts ordered from are made to order. The quality of the parts is outstanding and will be ordering an Enforcer lift soon.

You ordered a killer setup and will not be disappointed when it is installed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm not saying he is wrong, that's why I said it's not entirely true.. They do stock their products when they can.. They just sell quick, so in order to keep up with demand they drop ship from EVO.. Same way I received my Evo Enforcer kit through Northridge. They drop shipped and it came straight from EVO and I had to wait like everyone else. That was the case bc they do not stock that kit. However, they do on occasion stock their products and you can get them quick. Gotta be lucky tho.

Skid_Kid

I'm not saying he is wrong, that's why I said it's not entirely true.. They do stock their products when they can.. They just sell quick, so in order to keep up with demand they drop ship from EVO.. Same way I received my Evo Enforcer kit through Northridge. They drop shipped and it came straight from EVO and I had to wait like everyone else. That was the case bc they do not stock that kit. However, they do on occasion stock their products and you can get them quick. Gotta be lucky tho.

You got your Enforcer through Northridge! We have to talk!

Sent from my ARC-210

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
1) That sucks you do not have your parts yet. I really like the stuff I have from EVO. :thumb:
2) I hope you feel better now. :yup:

Lol.. I agree tho, the quality of the parts is far better waiting for than if you had chosen a kit you would have received earlier, only to be dissatisfied.

jhires

My guess is that they are having a hard time scaling. Poison Spyder had similar issues a few years ago. They became too popular too fast and could not keep up with demand. A few shops either stopped carrying their products or stopped recommending them. Pretty sure they lost a few customers in the process for the same reason.

When I get to the point of purchasing items for my rig, availability will come into play.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I could be wrong but I don't think they really 'stock' parts per say. They might just order a few extras when they have a big order. If they stocked them I am guessing they would have a bigger supply then the two bumpers they had last week. I'm not saying your wrong though.

And lift's are different then 'fabricated' parts. (ie. bumpers, sliders, stingers)

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
I could be wrong too, I was just stating some personal experience I have had involving this situation.. But I understand your point.. They may not actually classify it as stocking their parts and very well could have just had extras. Just to be a smart ass tho, lifts have fabricated parts too (i.e. track bar brackets, rack star skids and coilover towers, control arms, etc.) just saying ;)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I could be wrong too, I was just stating some personal experience I have had involving this situation.. But I understand your point.. They may not actually classify it as sticking their parts and very well could have just had extras. Just to be a smart ass tho, lifts have fabricated parts too (i.e. track bar brackets, rack star skids and coilover towers, control arms, etc.) just saying ;)

Yeah I know they have fabricated parts. But they are a lot quicker to make then bumpers, stingers and sliders. The stinger itself takes a couple hours just to weld. If they had all the parts already ready the could do a max of 4 per day.

The 1st week in March of this year my Jeep went into the shop to get a hemi upgrade, as well as a EVO long arm kit, and front and rear double throw down setup. I have never had any Evo product's before. I have heard good thing's about them and do think that most that I have seen are functional and good looking. When my Parts were ordered in early March we (The shop and myself) were told 4 to 6 weeks at the most for the build and delivery of the products. Told this by EVO Manufacturing, now at the 7 week mark the shop started calling and asking where the stuff was, and what was the hold up. The reply he got on several different calls was "We are waiting on KING to get us the shocks and bypasses" ... After getting this reply several times we were now at the 9 weeks from order date, so we requested they send us the hardware so we could get it all installed and setup. In response to that request we got "Umm ok we can do that, give us a couple days to get it all together" This was over a week ago......... Now we are at the 10 weeks from order date, and are still being told they have none of it ready for shipping.... Arrrrrrgh!!!!!!

I don't mind having to wait for what I am sure will be a great product, however I hate the customer service that makes excuses for why they have not gotten you something. They blame other's for the delay, then when you ask them to ship the other parts you order, well they don't have there shit ready either. Moral of the story, I most likely never order another EVO product, and if I do it will be from a 3rd party that has the item in stock when I place the order!!!

Sincerely Frustrated

Thanks you so much for your purchase through Burnsville Offroad. Burnsville is one of EVO mfg's wholesale distributors.

We really appreciate your support and your interest in EVO mfg products. It is our goal to Keep all of our customers happy.
Both big and small builds are exiting and Should be fun!!!.

Sorry To hear about your disappointment. It looks like there might be a bit of miscommunication. We have your order being
placed an entire month later than you are Stating in Your Post. I have investigated your/Burnsville's wholesale order and
yes, the order is waiting On shocks. I have personally called King and they are Not ready as of today.

It looks like we are Now at week 6 which was the original quoted wait time at the time the order was placed.
EVO mfg does apologize for any inconvenience.

Mel Wade
Owner of Offroad Evolution and EVO Mfg

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 401
Top Bottom