My arm hurts from waving today...

MobyJR

86 and sunny. SO MANY JEEPS OUT. Everyone waved. I would've had a pretty boring, hot, regular day at work today if I didn't drive the badassest vehicle on the road. Got about 5 compliments on my ride today too. So that was pretty cool.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I made the mistake of waving today. Got nothing back. Passed by a ton of naked wranglers too. This the reason I only wave if somebody else waves first.

Napalm90

Waved a ton today, got none:( tis a rare sight to get a wave on Long Island, most come from the older jeeps

Sent via carrier pigeon

Topper

I do the same here wave wave wave and I get a funny and crazy look and I think is it because I'm a Native American lmao then two day ago I got a wave lol it was awesome

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm finding that when others have mods, they wave back most the time.

Meh even then they really don't. Saw a dozer 4 door today (AEV bumpers, wheels and bigger tires) and the guy just looked at me like "wth is that guy doing with no doors?"

MobyJR

That's my next mod..... Did you install and I'm curious how much they were ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I didn't, I had them do it. Honestly, they are way too expensive for what they are. I would never buy them. I think they're like 600 and some change. You could get better fenders than bushwackers. Or just trim your factory ones. I went to the dealership and had checked the area beforehand for a crush orange hardtop 6 speed. They had none. I told the dealer that's what I wanted, but I'd settle for the white soft top sport out on the lot If they threw bushwackers on it. (I wanted the white one all along) They did it and I ended up paying less than sticker still. They are nice fenders and they look great but they are nowhere near as nice as a set of gen rights or metal cloaks or spiders.

MobyJR

I made the mistake of waving today. Got nothing back. Passed by a ton of naked wranglers too. This the reason I only wave if somebody else waves first.

Ill wave to you :)
Maybe it's just a CA thing? They waved when I lived there... That was 3 years ago though maybe times have changed...

jelliott076

Meh even then they really don't. Saw a dozer 4 door today (AEV bumpers, wheels and bigger tires) and the guy just looked at me like "wth is that guy doing with no doors?"

It's gotta be a San Diego thing. I get the waves on the damn freeway at 80mph in the opposite direction. It's hard to react at 150 to 160mph closing speed :cheesy:. I'm waving my ass off, just a little late sometimes.

What a disgrace...

Yeah, that's not cool.

jelliott076

Waved a ton today, got none:( tis a rare sight to get a wave on Long Island, most come from the older jeeps

Sent via carrier pigeon

Slow build...

2013 JKUR
Commando Green
Stupid cowl dent from Mirror <----- That is hillarious!! :cheesy: :2thumbsup:

Some of the people owning jeeps I've noticed are just the soccer moms and cool guy SUV owners that bought a JK for all the wrong reasons. The older generation started the Jeep Wave and understand it. I remember the old Jeep commercials from the 80's with a pack of bikini wearing ladies waving making it look good. In Overlander's grim experience, that's just a chest swollen dip-wad that felt like the tougher dude, too proud to wave back. Sad indeed, but San Diego typical.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I was driving around on Mother Day with all the kids (giving mommy some quiet time), while we went to go pick up some wine and chocolates for her. I had the doors off and the tops down. The kids were all loving it, lots of waves, but the surprise to me was how many thumbs up I was getting from other vehicles. Lots of folks staring and waving at us, lots of fun. I know they were Jealous!!

Top Bottom