RK relocation bracket

Beyrgut

So I got the last boxes for my RK 3.5 Flex (midarm) setup in and while thumbing through the installation instructions I came across a small hiccup in my install plans. The setup is supposed to be a bolt-on but there is a note note that states they require the relocation bracket to be welded to the axel housing, I fully understand why just wasn't anticipating any welding for the lift. Has anyone one used this bracket "temporarily" without welding it to the axel housing and just using the bolt provided? I want to do as much of the install as possible myself and welding isn't an option at this time so hoping I can install via the bolt and then have someone weld it to the axle after the fact prior to wheeling.

I already need to have the C-gussets welded so hopefully I can get them both done at same time shortly after the lift is installed. By shortly I mean within a few weeks tops.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Look up a mobile welder in your area and give them a call. Prep everything and install what you can and they will come to your house and burn it on for pretty cheap.

aldaman

Look up a mobile welder in your area and give them a call. Prep everything and install what you can and they will come to your house and burn it on for pretty cheap.

x2, or install it then drive it to a welding shop, but be prepared to remove the bracket and shocks to allow the welder to prep the area and have enough working room to weld the bracket. That is what I did when I installed my RK lift...

:cool:

Paws

In the instructions it says eventually weld it. It's ok for road use but weld before taking off road.

Beyrgut

Yeah I am going to have it welded along with the front gussets here shortly. Really liking the new lift.

Top Bottom