rear track bar or track bar relocate bracket

JK1

Ok i have a 3.5 in lift and want to recenter my rear axle.. which is a better buy the relocate bracket on the axle side and use the factory track bar or a adjustable track bar?? future plan is to go to bolt on coil overs if this matters

matt

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First off, you need to understand that your axle will always be a little off center depending on how many people you're carrying and/or how much gear you have in your Jeep. It's just the nature of the beast when it comes to solid axles with a track bar and really, it's not a big deal. Having said that, an adjustable track bar will allow you to get your axle more accurately centered at ride height but, depending on how much lift you have, the geometry of it can be quite off. For the amount of lift you have, I might recommend a reinforced relocation bracket on the axle end. That will help you to get your axle re-centered for the most part and correct it's geometry at the same time.

JK1

and its a cheaper fix i like that idea :cool:just trying to do things right the first time around... i saw Atch put coil overs on and then he had his adjustable rear track bar up for sale so i didnt know if there was a reason for that

thanks for the info
matt:beer:

Atch

and its a cheaper fix i like that idea :cool:just trying to do things right the first time around... i saw Atch put coil overs on and then he had his adjustable rear track bar up for sale so i didnt know if there was a reason for that

thanks for the info
matt:beer:

The bolt on coilovers came with a relocation bracket so it was over kill in my opinion to have EVO's bracket and an adjustable trackbar. I figured if the stock trackbars were good enough for Mel & Eddie they would be good enough for me! :)

JK1

quick update...... EVO rear track bar relocation bracket on and it made a bigger difference than i thought it would.. very happy.. before when i hit bumps on the road i could feel the rear end squirm around..I am assuming it was because the rear end wasnt centered and it was moving side to side more than up and down because of the angle of the track bar and now with the bracket in place it rides way better the axle is moving more up and down than side to side...:thumb:

IMG-20130526-00245.jpg

JK1

This is the reason, not being off center. Nice to hear you're happy with your upgrade :thumb:

i figured that was more the reason just wasnt sure if the springs being tweeked a little because of it being off center had anything to do with it... still happy and got EVO C-gussets welded on over memorial day weekend.. not nearly as exciting as you week Eddie..lol the pics look great

Top Bottom