going naked to school/ drive way?

So i want to come doorless and top less to school but I don't if I should or not since I don't really trust people here?

And in my drive way should I leave my jeep naked since I don't have a garage?
A week ago they broke into my neighbors car and stole his after market stereo but I have mine still stock? I would leave my jeep in front of my parents window and its in the middle of all then other cars? We also have a motion light next to the jeep?

What do you guys think? What do you guys do to prevent people with sticky hands?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So i want to come doorless and top less to school but I don't if I should or not since I don't really trust people here?

And in my drive way should I leave my jeep naked since I don't have a garage?
A week ago they broke into my neighbors car and stole his after market stereo but I have mine still stock? I would leave my jeep in front of my parents window and its in the middle of all then other cars? We also have a motion light next to the jeep?

What do you guys think? What do you guys do to prevent people with sticky hands?

i did it a bunch of times going to school and i never worried about it. i also do it at work and leave it naked in my driveway overnight. like someone said before (i think it was Greg when he left his at the airport naked) they are going to find a way to get in if they really want to anyway. if that way is thru your soft top or window your screwed. just make sure everything is locked up and try not to leave anything valuable in there.

i did it a bunch of times going to school and i never worried about it. i also do it at work and leave it naked in my driveway overnight. like someone said before (i think it was Greg when he left his at the airport naked) they are going to find a way to get in if they really want to anyway. if that way is thru your soft top or window your screwed. just make sure everything is locked up and try not to leave anything valuable in there.

Thanks I have a hard top my dad worries someone will try and steel my seats cb carpets and stuff like that. And I am to but I never leave anything valuable just my jack and my cb are the most expensive stuff that stay there

Rivertoys

I keep the glove box locked. I never leave anything I'm not willing to lose in the Jeep. My CB is there, but even that is just a $40 unit.

I keep the glove box locked. I never leave anything I'm willing to lose in the Jeep. My CB is there, but even that is just a $40 unit.

Some people leave it unlocked because people might think theres something valuable In there and will break it for no reason I don't have anything in there anyways

silverbackjk

Some people leave it unlocked because people might think theres something valuable In there and will break it for no reason I don't have anything in there anyways

I roll naked and topless 95% of the summer. I leave it everywhere, i don't leave anything of value in it. I also leave everything unlocked. except my tuffy trunk cover. I have yet to have any problems except for people leaving coffee cups and thing loke that in the jeep.

jhires

Only thing I lost was a toolbox a number of years ago, and that was because it was too easy for someone to take. I figure it was punishment for me being too lazy to take it out when I got home.

You should be ok as long as you don't leave anything tempting in it. People will look in it and if they can just grab quickly something they will. If they are seriously after something, top and doors don't matter.

Rivertoys

Yeah, have heard that, but I figure if they want to break it, then they can break it. I don't want instant/easy access to my registration mostly. Though my flashlight and other odds and ends are not expensive, they are going to have to work a little to steel them. Also, if caught they won't have any excuse if they broke it to get in. That's my take on it anyway.

1yellowjk

I glued the blades from a shaving razor under the handles of glove box and center console, only I know what area to grab, if someone reaches under there to open it they will require stitches and a hospital visit. I also wired the passenger seat with a device that when tripped pushed 25 extra long and sharp nails through the seat and up into the butt of anyone not welcome.

I have plans to wire a propane based flameshooter (flame throwers are illegal) through each roll bar with the nozzles pointed at certain locations and to be activated by a motion sensor form an exterior motion light. Each sensor will be located behind the sun visors so that when activated they will cover the whole interior.

This was all lies, I don't leave Jack in my Jeep and always lock what can be locked. :)

Yeah, have heard that, but I figure if they want to break it, then they can break it. I don't want instant/easy access to my registration mostly. Though my flashlight and other odds and ends are not expensive, they are going to have to work a little to steel them. Also, if caught they won't have any excuse if they broke it to get in. That's my take on it anyway.

Well I keep my registration in my roll bar and I keep band AIDS and my doorless mirror in my center console

I glued the blades from a shaving razor under the handles of glove box and center console, only I know what area to grab, if someone reaches under there to open it they will require stitches and a hospital visit. I also wired the passenger seat with a device that when tripped pushed 25 extra long and sharp nails through the seat and up into the butt of anyone not welcome.

I have plans to wire a propane based flameshooter (flame throwers are illegal) through each roll bar with the nozzles pointed at certain locations and to be activated by a motion sensor form an exterior motion light. Each sensor will be located behind the sun visors so that when activated they will cover the whole interior.

This was all lies, I don't leave Jack in my Jeep and always lock what can be locked. :)

Wow they all sounds like really good ideas ! Now your making me want to try it! Lol

jhires

I bet that would take care of the "cat" problem too. :D

PunknGladiator

I look at it this way... Don't leave anything valuable in there, leave the doors and stuff off if you want but if they're on don't lock them because that's just inviting someone to break a window, cut your top or get in any other way they want to and all its gonna do is cost YOU money. I haven't had the top or doors on in 3 weeks and don't plan to for a long time, I have no worries of people stealing anything because there is nothing to steal. I would actually worry more if the top and doors were on and locked, I'd be worried someone was gonna cut the top and get in and then be real disappointed they went to all that work for a water bottle :doh:

Rivertoys

I look at it this way... Don't leave anything valuable in there, leave the doors and stuff off if you want but if they're on don't lock them because that's just inviting someone to break a window, cut your top or get in any other way they want to and all its gonna do is cost YOU money. I haven't had the top or doors on in 3 weeks and don't plan to for a long time, I have no worries of people stealing anything because there is nothing to steal. I would actually worry more if the top and doors were on and locked, I'd be worried someone was gonna cut the top and get in and then be real disappointed they went to all that work for a water bottle :doh:

I've said it before on here, but my neighbors YJ was always unlocked for the same reason you state.... they still cut the top the day they broke in. They didn't even check the doors first.

PunknGladiator

Oh man I would be pissed! I've seen people put signs that say "the door is unlocked please don't cut the top!"

I've said it before on here, but my neighbors YJ was always unlocked for the same reason you state.... they still cut the top the day they broke in. They didn't even check the doors first.

gouacats

I never lock my doors (when on), console or glove box. I'd rather them take my beenie, or whatever than break everything trying to find something valuable. I do have a trunk that stays locked. That being said, I do try to keep people from stealing the whole Jeep. I have an alarm and use a club. Hopefully they will move onto the next Jeep down the line.

I did have my old TJ "broken" into twice. The first time they took my aftermarket faceplate, which I eventually got back (not a smart kid). That one was in my driveway. The second time they took ~$5 in change that was in my ashtray while at work. What pissed me off was they stole my ashtray as well...

So far my JK has remained unmolested, so far...

Devallee

I guess it depends where you live as well..I leave my jeep naked just about all summer every year (in Orange County, CA) and haven't had anything touched to date. I have an expensive aftermarket head unit that I have secured by a console cover/lock thing just to keep petty thieves from snatching it real quick. Other than that I think the most they're gonna get is my iPod nano and maybe some skittles under the seat :thumb: I also leave everything unlocked. Like many people have said if they really want it I'd rather they take whatever little stuff they can get instead of breaking everything to find it. Also keep it parked in populated areas around a bunch of other cars and onlookers

Brankz

Don't do it, kids in collage/high school are stupid.
The first time I run topless was in my collage, when i got out of class and i left to my rig i found a nice melted ice cream in my back seat .

Top Bottom