Buy now and don't wait for changes....

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Apparently the Wrangler will continue without changes through 2016 when a redesign will be released in 3 different forms.

From allpar....

Jeep’s Wrangler carries on essentially unchanged until 2016 when it bursts onto the scene in three different forms.

So, if anyone was going to wait for the next model, just buy now and be happy.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
This will be interesting. I've always wanted a diesel in the Wrangler. Recently a Forum member commented about not wanting diesel odor and smoke on the trail. Good point. I don't think Jeep will put a stinky and smokey engine on our back roads and in our forests. Right?:thinking:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
This will be interesting. I've always wanted a diesel in the Wrangler. Recently a Forum member commented about not wanting diesel odor and smoke on the trail. Good point. I don't think Jeep will put a stinky and smokey engine on our back roads and in our forests. Right?:thinking:

New diesels are very clean. I think they are referring to the pickups that spew from their tailpipe, but that is carbon buildup soot, and not actually smoke. (I still find it stupid though.)

billybob990

Some of the older diesel engines are clean as well, the only reason that some smoke is because of programs and tunes put on the vehicle, also most people straight pipe their diesels. You can get alot of power out of a diesel but at the cost of the environment. I work with a lot of diesel trucks on the side and did a 7 page research paper on diesel engines. The only problem you will have is people wanting more power out of their jeep and doing these mods. I personally love the idea of a diesel engine in a jeep its perfect for crawlers because of the low idle and high torque. diesel is a very efficient fuel and will soon be our nations number one fuel source.

MTG

Caught the Bug
So it'll still be released in 2015 like originally stated.

Well that's interesting timing....

My wife and I were talking last night and she told me she wants a jeep. She's been driving knuckles the last couple of days. :crazyeyes: We thought 2 years was a realistic goal (2 years to plan and save for mods). :thumb:

Last edited:

mrmet1983

Some of the older diesel engines are clean as well, the only reason that some smoke is because of programs and tunes put on the vehicle, also most people straight pipe their diesels. You can get alot of power out of a diesel but at the cost of the environment. I work with a lot of diesel trucks on the side and did a 7 page research paper on diesel engines. The only problem you will have is people wanting more power out of their jeep and doing these mods. I personally love the idea of a diesel engine in a jeep its perfect for crawlers because of the low idle and high torque. diesel is a very efficient fuel and will soon be our nations number one fuel source.

Diesel will never be our nations number one fuel source hate to break it to you. USA has way to much invested in regular gasoline you will never see diesel over take regular gas. Especially since the diesel prices are so much higher one people started buying diesel trucks the oil companies were like jack up the prices now.

Sent from my JK

phillypete

Well that's interesting timing....

My wife and I were talking last night and she told me she wants a jeep. She's been driving knuckles the last couple of days. :crazyeyes: We thought 2 years was a realistic goal (2 years to plan and save for mods). :thumb:

Same deal. My wife loves my wrangler. I told her we needed want till we see the '16s.

That being said I love my '13 and wouldn't want to wait that long!

Wingsnut72

We waited 3 years to buy ours. I was all set to buy one in 2011. Then I heard about the 3.6 and the 5 speed. Then they did away with the color I wanted in 2012, Sahara Tan, so we waited. We waited till Dune hit, and ordered in the middle of February. I am so glad I waited. The color is worth it alone.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
We waited 3 years to buy ours. I was all set to buy one in 2011. Then I heard about the 3.6 and the 5 speed. Then they did away with the color I wanted in 2012, Sahara Tan, so we waited. We waited till Dune hit, and ordered in the middle of February. I am so glad I waited. The color is worth it alone.

You got more patience than a monument my friend. :)

terrybeb

I really hope they bring back the 2011-12 Blue in 2016 with the Diesel.... Was planning to buy my first Wrangler this Christmas but bought a way too good of a deal Harley this summer. That pushed my Jeep purchase back a year. It may have been a good thing. (crosses fingers)

Top Bottom