2.5 RK is it worth it?

flotto

I have a mopar kit that I got real cheap on my jk right now. But I have a local jk friend that is selling his 4 2.5 RK springs that are brand new. Are they worth the upgrade? I'd have to get a rear trackbar, exhaust spacers and brake line extensions. Opinions?

bob-o12jk

Banned
This is my jk with rk 2.5's, I have bilsteins for a 4" lift up front, spring retainers on front lower perches and rear upper and lower perches, stock brakelines with tf rear brake line brackets and re routed the front lines, 1.75" bumpstop up front and tf 2.5" bumpstop in the rear.
This is the flex I get from them with stock wheels and 1.5" spidertrax spacers and all 8 STOCK control arms
So if I were you I would get those rk coils. They are awesome, no sag and I netted 3" from them with my warn bumper and winch
1369135896524.jpg 1369135917177.jpg 1369135940641.jpg 1369135959078.jpg 1369136008608.jpg

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

flotto

This is my jk with rk 2.5's, I have bilsteins for a 4" lift up front, spring retainers on front lower perches and rear upper and lower perches, stock brakelines with tf rear brake line brackets and re routed the front lines, 1.75" bumpstop up front and tf 2.5" bumpstop in the rear.
This is the flex I get from them with stock wheels and 1.5" spidertrax spacers and all 8 STOCK control arms
So if I were you I would get those rk coils. They are awesome, no sag and I netted 3" from them with my warn bumper and winch
View attachment 31052 View attachment 31053 View attachment 31054 View attachment 31055 View attachment 31056

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

nice looking jeep. that is some good flex for those coils.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a mopar kit that I got real cheap on my jk right now. But I have a local jk friend that is selling his 4 2.5 RK springs that are brand new. Are they worth the upgrade? I'd have to get a rear trackbar, exhaust spacers and brake line extensions. Opinions?

If you install them with the shocks you have now, it shouldn't be a problem but, if you decide to install longer shocks to match, you will need to get a new front drive shaft (assuming you have a 2012-up). There is no need to get a new rear track bar as a relocation bracket will do the job fine, but you may want a front adjustable track bar and brake line extensions IF you get the longer shocks to match. If you don't, these are things that you won't need.

flotto

If you install them with the shocks you have now, it shouldn't be a problem but, if you decide to install longer shocks to match, you will need to get a new front drive shaft (assuming you have a 2012-up). There is no need to get a new rear track bar as a relocation bracket will do the job fine, but you may want a front adjustable track bar and brake line extensions IF you get the longer shocks to match. If you don't, these are things that you won't need.

I already have 5100s but I'm not sure how long they go. I do already have a front adjustable track bar but I haven't done the brake line extension yet.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I already have 5100s but I'm not sure how long they go. I do already have a front adjustable track bar but I haven't done the brake line extension yet.

If you haven't already damaged your front drive shaft, the 5100's you have are the correct length and so long as you keep them, you will not have any problems with the new coils.

flotto

If you haven't already damaged your front drive shaft, the 5100's you have are the correct length and so long as you keep them, you will not have any problems with the new coils.

would you say it's worth a 240 upgrade for those springs. or would you suggest building up the rest of my jeep first then revisiting a lift improvement later down the road?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
would you say it's worth a 240 upgrade for those springs. or would you suggest building up the rest of my jeep first then revisiting a lift improvement later down the road?

In my opinion, going from what you have now? No. I personally would pass and save that money for a more substantial lift. But, that's just me.

flotto

In my opinion, going from what you have now? No. I personally would pass and save that money for a more substantial lift. But, that's just me.

I was starting to think that also. I think I'm going to add some LOD sliders instead since I don't have rock protection yet

Top Bottom