Northridge Sucks

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yep...I said it out loud. Flame away. :thumb: I don't really care. I have had enough of stories of close friends having shipments delivered to the wrong state, orders not being completed in full, and now this:

I've been helping a good friend with a build list to lift his Rubi to run 35's. He just ordered a lift and c-gussets from NR4x4. NR4x4 informed him that he "needed" axle sleeves and talked him into the purchase. I set my buddy straight and when he called to cancel the sleeves, NR4x4 told him he was "crazy" to not run sleeves in his D44.

Really Northridge?!? Exactly how many D44 housings have you seen break or bend running 35's? You've got to be kidding me! Your prices may be good, but your advice isn't. All I have to say is buyer beware. Make sure you know what you need before you call NR4x4 because, apparently, it's now all about making that extra sale.:naw:

BlackKnight

Dam really I remember reading this on a different forum that only the gears where bigger? Not sure though

the whole Pumpkin is different, along with the axle housing I believe.. Let me google up come comparisons to be sure unless another more knowledgable person can respond..

Edit>>
Dana 44 axle shafts are 30 spline compared to Dana 30 28 spline weaker. same outers and U-joints. Huge difference in ring and Pinion strength (Almost double thicknes I'd say).
Much bigger Pumkin, though I can't find anything on the axle housing thickness yet, but could swear it was thicker and had a smaller inside diameter and larget outer..

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

I Don't think so, The D44 is supposed to be a different thickness from the get go I thought..

Only difference is the pumpkin, r&p and axle shafts. The axle tubes(which is what you sleeve) knuckles and all outters are the same.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

GCM 2

Yep...I said it out loud. Flame away. :thumb: I don't really care. I have had enough of stories of close friends having shipments delivered to the wrong state, orders not being completed in full, and now this:

I've been helping a good friend with a build list to lift his Rubi to run 35's. He just ordered a lift and c-gussets from NR4x4. NR4x4 informed him that he "needed" axle sleeves and talked him into the purchase. I set my buddy straight and when he called to cancel the sleeves, NR4x4 told him he was "crazy" to not run sleeves in his D44.

Really Northridge?!? Exactly how many D44 housings have you seen break or bend running 35's? You've got to be kidding me! Your prices may be good, but your advice isn't. All I have to say is buyer beware. Make sure you know what you need before you call NR4x4 because, apparently, it's now all about making that extra sale.:naw:

It's okay Sharkey, I punched a Nun in her throat today and threw a kitten into traffic. So everyone can suck it! :icon_crazy:

Last edited:

Serg5000

Ultimately your friend decided to make the purchase. Are sleeves really needed? No. They are cheap insurance that not all want to spend money on. That being said. I have been dealing with NR4x4 for about three years. About three months ago I asked a question about a particular locker. I was told that Eaton did not make a locker for my application and offered an ARB. More expensive. At that point I just said thanks and would get back to them. You may consider suggesting to your friend to do some home work before calling any retail shop. Helps to know what your talking about and what you want.

My two cents.

dahreno

Banned
I take 4 jeep mags. a month . they all talk about bent axle tubes on the d44 front axle , and have seen then many times . OK , you say , It's only a magazine .My front d44 on my rubi is now bent and I run 35 " tires . I wish someone like Northridge would have talked me into sleeving my axles , It would have been alot cheaper then axle housing replacement . So , now , I am left with the dilemma of buying a stock housing gusset and sleeve it then doing the swap and swapping over my internals , or doing a Dynatrac and swapping everything over .Either way , it will be expensive .Your friend will not be happy with you when he bends his axle . It sound to me like you are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about and that Northridge was right on the money . You owe Northridge an apology.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Ultimately your friend decided to make the purchase. Are sleeves really needed? No. They are cheap insurance that not all want to spend money on. That being said. I have been dealing with NR4x4 for about three years. About three months ago I asked a question about a particular locker. I was told that Eaton did not make a locker for my application and offered an ARB. More expensive. At that point I just said thanks and would get back to them. You may consider suggesting to your friend to do some home work before calling any retail shop. Helps to know what your talking about and what you want.

My two cents.

My friend initially made the purchase solely based on NR4x4 telling him sleeves were a must. When he called them on it (prior to shipping), NR4x4 said he was crazy not to run sleeves with 35's. They gave him a refund, but said he was crazy. They didn't say sleeves are cheap insurance (not sure I'd consider them cheap given what it costs to get them installed, but that is besides the point); they said sleeves were necessary and he'd be crazy not to run them.

I made my first purchase from NR4x4 back in February of '09. IMHO, it was a much different company then. Not everyone knows everything about Jeeps and many people want honest advice from a retailer so they make the right purchase the first time. There was a time when I thought NR4x4 was that kind of retailer...not anymore. That was the point of my post, nothing more and nothing less. Like I said in my OP, buyer beware. Fortunately for my friend he sent the order invoice to me before everything shipped.

Top Bottom