JK Smittybilt XRC Armor Front Fenders Keepin it Legal!

nsjeepster

Hello Everyone
Here are pictures of my fender flares to help make my XRC fenders legal to drive on highways here in Nova Scotia Canada. Not sure about laws elsewhere in Canada and the USA. I made cardboard templates to the curves of XRC fenders then cut my factory flares to fit . Using nutserts at 4 point of XRC fender to attach them with angle brackets of Aluminum. I used bolts to match the XRC fenders to keep the theme of Smittybilt . The flares fit right along the top of fenders replaceable slide plates. Factory clearance lights on fenders are also reused, and just have to be unplugged when removing fenders. Nutserts keep it all nice and flush with the flares off. I can quickly remove them for heavy offroading or keep them on when the mud flies. No flares on dirt wet roads with these fenders = dirty windows LOL. They are sturdy no fluttering and keep the mud off and tire coverage is Awesome!

kimer82

im in BC and have those bumpers that's sitting in my garage because of its law..
really good idea and now i feel like putting those back on with bit of mods!

darkscion0

Very nice. /wave from PEI, Canada. PEI is pretty much the same for tire coverage. After installing 35x12.5 Mud Grapplers on 4.5" backspace wheels, I'm no longer legal but I have yet to be given a hard time about it. I've had a number of police behind me and have gone through a couple check stops where they were checking for expired inspection stickers and no one has batted an eye. My Nittos probably stick out about 1.5-2.5" past the stock fenders. Inspection is going to be the real issue but I may just borrow a set of stock tires for it. I'm not trying to be a jackhole about it as I plan on getting a set of rear mudflaps once I drop my stock rear bumper. I'm sure Nova Scotia also has overly strict lift and tire coverage restrictions for inspection because of all the guys coming back from out West with Dodge Rams with 12" lifts an 38" tires.

Md_rubi

Thanks for the feedback . Much Appreciated!

Great job and I need to do something simular to keep it legal. Can you post a pic of the front fender from the back view and also your mounting brackets?

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

nsjeepster

Back side of fender

Sorry I have been super busy doing a home reno Bought a fixer upper house Here is a pic of the backside of fender as requested As you can see I added a small piece of a hard plastic mudflap to fill in the hole closest to bottom of body smittybilt rear of fender.jpg
Code:
for some reason the picture turned sideways if anyone wants to straighten it feel free:)

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
looks really good, great job. Very curious as to what it would look like if the flares were flat....

Top Bottom