Im lost for my next mod!!!

BadApple

So ive got the basics done stubby front bumber, flat fenders, 35s, wheels, lift, rock rails.. Im looking to get more long term durability and reliability parts (drivetrain, gussets, and eventually motor swap *4bt or coyote 5.0*) What would you more experienced guys recommend. Money is tightish, but not so tight i cant save for short periods and buy quality parts.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So ive got the basics done stubby front bumber, flat fenders, 35s, wheels, lift, rock rails.. Im looking to get more long term durability and reliability parts (drivetrain, gussets, and eventually motor swap *4bt or coyote 5.0*) What would you more experienced guys recommend. Money is tightish, but not so tight i cant save for short periods and buy quality parts.

gussets asap, driveshaft for the extra clearence and peace of mind, then motor swap wayy down the line when its needed

BadApple

i already have gussets forgot to mention that i have the evo c gussets. i meant any beef up gussets that i need or can make myself. I want to go to dana 60s soon possibly next mod.

badassbrass

Axle truss.

From Québec

KPM171

How's your under armoring? Perhaps some new skid plates to keep everything protected on the rocks?

You already have a CB in your rig?

BadApple

No cb yet probably gonna get one this weekend!! Right now it is used as my wifes DD back and forth to work i plan on getting her an xj soon and the jk will be put down for heavy mods. i wanna wait till after my axle swap to get armor i dont wanna buy twice!!!!

KPM171

No cb yet probably gonna get one this weekend!! Right now it is used as my wifes DD back and forth to work i plan on getting her an xj soon and the jk will be put down for heavy mods. i wanna wait till after my axle swap to get armor i dont wanna buy twice!!!!

Great plan on buying armoring one time. I'm running a Cobra 75 CB which is 100% out of the way & out of sight most days since mine is also a DD. I've got a write up and pix on my CB on my build thread.

BadApple

nice rig kp!! and nice build thread i should have started on with mine but didnt know about this forum when i started!!

BadApple

i was gonna get the one eddie just posted about that has been cracking at the weld but i think im gonna have a fabricator here in phoenix fab me a stinger rear that the tire mounts between it and the back gate

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Money is tight but your going to do a motor swap and 60's? I wish my money was tight then. :crazyeyes:

I agree with what MTG said.

BadApple

Its not so tight I cant do things I have to save just like everyone else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using WAYALIFE mobile app

suicideking

How's your under armoring? Perhaps some new skid plates to keep everything protected on the rocks?

You already have a CB in your rig?

Skids! Yeah, don't do diff covers if you're switching to PR 60's, but you could still do something like the Evo Protek skid system (3 piece).

Do you REALLY need 60's?? What size tires are you planning on running? Probably only need 60's if you're going to 40" tires.

Tire carrier if you are still running the factory one? :idontknow:

Another good mod.

You could also do OBA (onboard air). If you're planning on 60's, I'll assume you want ARB lockers? Going to need an air source. So might as well get one that can handle whatever size wheels you're getting + lockers.

I'm also unclear on your lift -- you say 2.5", but it's just OEM Rubi springs from a 4 door? Yes, this will make it taller, but still technically 0" lift compared to an actual lift kit. So probably want a 'real' lift with arms, track bars, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom