Show off your tents

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hey guys,
I'm in the market to purchase a tent for camping. I figured fellow jeepers could show off their tents including brand, model, likes and dislikes to help me decide. Just my wife and I including our 40lb dog. Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll see if I can't find some pics of the tents we've used and are still using. What I can tell you is that we prefer a tent that is on the smaller side as it will do a better job of insulating and be more resistant to wind. Ideally, a tent that is one person bigger than what you need will make life pretty comfortable. For instance, it's just Cindy and I and so we typically get a tent that is made for 3 people. Being that you will be keeping your dog with you, this will be even better. Kelty and REI both make great tents and I would recommend either. While they are stronger, tents that require you to shove poles into a sleeve will make setup and take down a lot harder. A good 3 season tent with clips and fewer poles will always make things easier to deal with.

main.php

Napalm90

Kelty and rei make the best tents, ironic how I have the same tent that wayalife just posted a pic of. Both companies have great customer service.

Sent via carrier pigeon

firecrew1

Mountain Hardware makes good tents as well, i had a model simalar to the mountain hardware skyledge for Fire season, didnt need to use it until we got to Montana but it stayed warm for the night

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I will be buying a new one soon as well but I want a small one person as my 2 person is way to big for just me.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I'll see if I can't find some pics of the tents we've used and are still using. What I can tell you is that we prefer a tent that is on the smaller side as it will do a better job of insulating and be more resistant to wind. Ideally, a tent that is one person bigger than what you need will make life pretty comfortable. For instance, it's just Cindy and I and so we typically get a tent that is made for 3 people. Being that you will be keeping your dog with you, this will be even better. Kelty and REI both make great tents and I would recommend either. While they are stronger, tents that require you to shove poles into a sleeve will make setup and take down a lot harder. A good 3 season tent with clips and fewer poles will always make things easier to deal with.

main.php

Thanks Eddie.

That is beautiful pic! I do like to "cuddle" wit da wife so a 3 person might work for us. I have been looking at dome ones like yours with a "foyer" as well. I will check those out.

Rivertoys

tent.jpg

I have spent many nights in this Coleman. I am slowly looking for a new tent though. I'm 6'1" @ almost 43 years old and stooping over in that tent is getting rough on my back. The next tent will be high enough for me to stand in.

Last edited:

jhires

I'm 6'1' @ almost 43 years old and stooping over in that tent is getting rough on my back. The next tent will be heigh enough for me to stand in.

I hear that. My wife and I are looking for a good sized tent as well just for that reason. What we really want is a complete fold up bedroom that we can pack into the back of the Jeep complete with bed, nightstands, lights, heater, and maybe even a rug. :D Realistically speaking tho, it will be a lot less than that, other than the stand-up-in part.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
tent.jpg

I have spent many nights in this Coleman. I am slowly looking for a new tent though. I'm 6'1' @ almost 43 years old and stooping over in that tent is getting rough on my back. The next tent will be heigh enough for me to stand in.

LOL! I'm 44 and thinking man my ankles and knees get more achy now a days.

JK'AJUN

I LOOOVE my Nemo Asashi (4 person). Got it for an amazing deal from REI. I've never had a tent so easy to put up and one so easy to take down and save. Plus you can use the top cover as just a shade.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370017967.450593.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370017987.908248.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370018038.146167.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370018269.829462.jpg

I guess there's one advantage of being 5'9"

This and you can probably release a JK clutch without your knee touching your ear! I'm 5'11" and can't imagine how tall guys drive a manual JK. I twist myself into a pretzel with every shift! I hate that the clutch is so high!

Rivertoys

This and you can probably release a JK clutch without your knee touching your ear! I'm 5'11" and can't imagine how tall guys drive a manual JK. I twist myself into a pretzel with every shift! I hate that the clutch is so high!

I wonder if the '09 is different than the '13. I don't have any problem at all. Fits my size 13 boot just fine.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Heres my tent. Its a turbo tent (4 person) a little big for me by myself and a dog but I dont mind because most of the time Im inviting someone with me on camping trips. Thanks to Cindy for taking this awesome shot on the last trip by the way! :thumb:

Top Bottom