Snake season!

Rebel JK

Hey guys just want to share. A friend of mine was bit Wednesday night by an 18" baby rattler when he walked through the door from the house into his garage. He stepped right on it (in his flip flops) and didnt hear any rattle until he was on it. He was transported and has been 2 nights so far in Fallbrook hospital. Really makes you think about what the plan would be if you are out on the trail and you or the kids run into one...

that sucks! hope he is okay... this was discussed a few weeks back while talking about bite kits. Good to have a plan!!!

andrew -

FoxC

Ouch:eek:...hope your friend is doing ok.
We're moving next week to the edge of town. The house backs right up to open desert with great views...but, we will have to be very aware of our new surroundings.:yup:

spinuck

I remember some years back, living outside Reno, I was in my garage working on my old Wagoneer and ended up face to face with a small rattler underneath the vehicle. Luckily i was able to get away and it slithered away behind some boxes. I took a crowbar or rockbar to it... wasn't gonna risk it being around when it got bigger.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I've seen all kinds down south. Here is one today I came across after a feeding. You really got to be careful. I've walked over some venomous snakes while on trails. Very lucky indeed. One way to tell it venomous are the shape of their heads and the how the eyes look. I'm no expert just what I've read.

ForumRunner_20130531_112927.jpg

StrizzyChris

A friend of mine in Laguna just text me a pic of a patient they had. They were just bit by a rattler last week on a hike and by the time they killed the snake, hiked back with it and to the hospital it was pretty bad. Little bastard did some damage!

A good friend of mine lives in Arizona. He told me that the Rattlers are becoming a real problem. It seems that the more they are hunting them down there the more they are learning not to rattle and give away there location. Now, those of us that aren't hunting them may not get the warning. Bottom-Line, keep your eyes open as much as your ears.

I wish the best for those of you that posted about friends and loved ones that were struck. (them too of course)

MTG

Caught the Bug
A friend of mine in Laguna just text me a pic of a patient they had. They were just bit by a rattler last week on a hike and by the time they killed the snake, hiked back with it and to the hospital it was pretty bad. Little bastard did some damage!

:worthless:

StrizzyChris

:worthless:

unfortunately HIPPA privacy laws, and my license, force us healthcare folk to remain silent about any patient related info....but I can tell you it will look a lot like this after the fasciotomy

Rattlesnake-Bite-0424_2.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
unfortunately HIPPA privacy laws, and my license, force us healthcare folk to remain silent about any patient related info....but I can tell you it will look a lot like this after the fasciotomy

I'm just giving you a hard time, but if it's violating HIPPA privacy laws and your license you are worried about, you might not want to go on a public internent forum and say your friend texted you a picture of a patient. But don't worry we won't say anything. ;)

Of course, I'm no expert and I only contribute welcomes and :standing wave:'s to the forum so take it for what it's worth. :twocents: :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm just giving you a hard time, but if it's violating HIPPA privacy laws and your license you are worried about, you might not want to go on a public internent forum and say your friend texted you a picture of a patient. But don't worry we won't say anything. ;)

Of course, I'm no expert and I only contribute welcomes and :standing wave:'s to the forum so take it for what it's worth. :twocents: :thumb:

I read that once.

StrizzyChris

HEARSAY, FILIBUSTER

StrizzyChris

always sunny...my favorite show of all time! If anyone wants them, I have all seasons on a flash drive... but if you bring that shit up in court ill plead the 6th

Top Bottom