If you ar still running a stock rear trackbar....

CRAZYCASEY

I have always been told the stock rear track bar was strong and buying aftermarket was a waste. If you wheel your rig hard you may want to upgrade. Here is a picture of mine next to a stock trackbar when I removed it today. When the damage occurred it was bent a lot more and also flexed from side to side, enough to take out my driveshaft on my gas tank skid.

Attachments

• image-3232489531.jpg
    image-3232489531.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 122

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I've seen this happen before - typically happens on big heavy rigs pushing really big tires and slips off a line that causes you to hit your rear axle on the driver side. For most people, this is of no concern but I could see it happening on a rig like yours. Having said that, I'm still running a factory rear track bar and have not had this happen to me.... yet. Never seen this happen on a factory front track bar.

I am not going to be on 60s / 40s ANY time soon, so I think I am good with my OEM. But that is good to know that this can/will happen.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am not going to be on 60s / 40s ANY time soon, so I think I am good with my OEM. But that is good to know that this can/will happen.

More like "can" happen IF you're running big heavy axles and bigass tires. Not likely to happen on most rigs even if they're running 37's on factory axles. At least, I haven't seen it happen before.

More like "can" happen IF you're running big heavy axles and bigass tires. Not likely to happen on most rigs even if they're running 37's on factory axles. At least, I haven't seen it happen before.

Ya I figure it had a lot to do with the size of the rig and what he is running. I guess we chalk this up to anything can break if pushed past its limits. Just from his avatar, it looks like CASEY wheels and puts the OEM stuff to the test. Me? Not so much... :cheesy:

CRAZYCASEY

Glad to know I'm not the first, I'm sure I won't be the last either but I figure If it helps someone else save the trouble I have had it was worth posting up. It did last a year on my current set up.

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked

Glad to see this. I've got many other upgrades and won't put this on the phase one list. Hopefully not any list if I can avoid it. Can't imagine I'd be anywhere near as hard as you are on CAT for quite some time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to know I'm not the first, I'm sure I won't be the last either but I figure If it helps someone else save the trouble I have had it was worth posting up.

Nah, EVO 1 has gone through a few and more recently, NightKrawler did this to his rig which is running ProRock 60's and 40x15.50 Toyo's. I keep expecting it to happen to us but, it hasn't happened yet - knock on wood. Still, if you can catch it soon after it happens, you can pull it and work on flattening it out enough for it not to be a problem. Again, I have yet to see this happen to a front track bar on any rig.

CRAZYCASEY

wayoflife said:
Nah, EVO 1 has gone through a few and more recently, NightKrawler did this to his rig which is running ProRock 60's and 40x15.50 Toyo's. I keep expecting it to happen to us but, it hasn't happened yet - knock on wood. Still, if you can catch it soon after it happens, you can pull it and work on flattening it out enough for it not to be a problem. Again, I have yet to see this happen to a front track bar on any rig.

Yeah I had no idea it had even bent. I slid off of a ledge into a crack like you described and got back on the gas to give it another shot, the next thing I heard was my drive shaft snapping. I'm sure if I had known it was bent it could have been pulled and beaten against a rock to get it flat again. Thanks

Top Bottom