Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JKUR 4 Door Rubicon Rock Slider Install On A 2 Door JK Sport

I finally got around to changing these out about a year ago, they served me well. If we weren't a few states apart, you'd be welcome to them.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bthomas View Post
    I finally got around to changing these out about a year ago, they served me well. If we weren't a few states apart, you'd be welcome to them.

If you would be up for shipping I would to 81007. Let me know on price if so.
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

I can check into it, I've never shipped any thing that big or heavy before. I'll try to figure out something.
    They aren't as pretty now as they were in the pics, they've got a few pretty good gouges, and the mounts have had to be straightened a few times over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bthomas View Post
    I can check into it, I've never shipped any thing that big or heavy before. I'll try to figure out something.
    They aren't as pretty now as they were in the pics, they've got a few pretty good gouges, and the mounts have had to be straightened a few times over the years.

Shoot me some pics! Fastenal will ship and can have receiver pay for bill as well...from what I have read.
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

That was such a clean job. Well done sir.

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
    Shoot me some pics! Fastenal will ship and can have receiver pay for bill as well...from what I have read.
    I just looked in to fastenal for shipping, you are correct as far as paying at either end. You go to their website and go to services then third party logistics, fill out your info and weight and size of what you are shipping and they email you the price

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    I just looked in to fastenal for shipping, you are correct as far as paying at either end. You go to their website and go to services then third party logistics, fill out your info and weight and size of what you are shipping and they email you the price

Pretty sweet option!

I will try to get you a few pics tomorrow afternoon, I'll also check into fastenal, it looks like there's a few around me, or at least a few I could get to in my work travels.

I can't get pics to attach in PM from the app, no biggie. After I started taking pics, I figured it may be better to post them back in this thread so others can see the end result as well.
    I did manage to get some minor body damage to the rocker panels using the cut down Rubi rails. As I was taking the pics, I started to wonder if Overlander was onto something when he posted at the beginning of this thread about the possibility of the contours being different between the 2 & 4 door.
    The rocker panels on both sides got pushed in a bit, neither from what I'd consider a hard hit, actually on the drivers side, I knew I was going to be on it, and set the jeep down as easy as I could. The passenger side was kind a glance off a rock I misjudged, but still not like dropping the full weight of the jeep on it. After that one I had to straighten the mounts, as the rail was up in front.
    Anyway, here's a few pics of what they look like now, and the damage on my rockers as well. The rails could be hit with a fresh coat of paint and probably look pretty good again. As for my rockers, I may get skins at some point down the road, but for now it doesn't bother me much, you have to look for the damage. Anyway, It adds character right?

IMG_4867.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_4870.jpg

IMG_4871.jpg

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4875.jpg

Passenger side

IMG_4876.jpg

IMG_4877.jpg

Driver side

IMG_4878.jpg

IMG_4879.jpg

Fresh Catch

Thank you

Just did it on mine! Thanks for the measurements and on point guidance!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123