Wheeling the "Other" American brand

Wolff1

Hey guys/gals,
New to the site and, well..... Jeeps again.
I've been an avid part of the Hummer H1 community for a long time and just let go of my last H1 and after a breif interlude without a trail rig Ive taken the dive into the Jeep world with a new Rubicon. I have some decent off-road experience all over, and although the H1 is fairly a point and shoot capable vehicle, I've done plenty of Hummer trips and trails and challenges with them and really hope to do a lot of trips with you all. I'm looking forward to meeting you all on the trail sometime and learning the nuances of the Jeep world. Any help is always appreciated as im sure I will have questions, so thank you all in advance. If any of you are heading to Jeep offroad events please drop me a line and I'll join you - gotta test this rig out.
Thanks
JW

Wolff1

Thanks!
It really is like being a kid again. I like new toys.

Do most of the people on here do organized outings? I love outings/events/jamborees whatever the Jeep crew calls them. We did a lot of Hummer Club stuff - organized and well led. Its a good combo.

What Clubs/groups should i look into?
gotta get this thing out there!

mn jk jeeper

welcome fellow Minnesotan
gilbert in the iron range is a good place to play
there is a jeep jamboree in july in Crandon wi
should be a great time

Wolff1

welcome fellow Minnesotan
gilbert in the iron range is a good place to play
there is a jeep jamboree in july in Crandon wi
should be a great time

Yeah I've been up to Gilbert OHV park 20+ times or more and out to Dresser WI and Drummond Island, done Moab twice, Ouray CO. But all of these were with Hummer Club or IHOG or a group of buddies.
Do a lot of people still do the Jeep Jamborees? That sounds like what im looking for. I'll probably make it out to that one!

Are you headed out to that one?

Wolff1

Welcome aboard! Saw a teriffic license on an H1 right after the H2 was introduced - "H2 THIS":yup:

HA!
Yeah all the H1 guys really hated the H2's. there was a lot of backlash within the Hummer community about them. they represented a total abandonment of what the AM General Brand represented to us. but tell that to the accountants...... Gm paid nicely to lease the "Hummer" name. I cant find a pic of it but a bunch of us had bumper stickers like:
"Real" Hummer
I eat H2's
H2 recovery vehicle
H2 - official vehicle of soccer moms
etc

It was even worse when the H3 came out :doh:

BlackKnight

Welcome to WAYALIFE.

EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

PS> I forgive you the hummer clubs, as you had the H1, the only REAL hummer.. the H2+ are all just repackaged crap on a different production vehicle chassis. Built for tiny women to compensate for the lack of certain body parts while they crawl the mall...

As you can tell, I'm with the H2+ haters club LOL...

Wolff1

PS> I forgive you the hummer clubs, as you had the H1, the only REAL hummer.. the H2+ are all just repackaged crap on a different production vehicle chassis. Built for tiny women to compensate for the lack of certain body parts while they crawl the mall...

As you can tell, I'm with the H2+ haters club LOL...

:clap2:

They still drive me nuts. I always correct my kid when he says "Hummer!" Im like no..... H2 not a hummer. :doh:

Top Bottom