Color: Bright White
Project Nickname: LOST YETI
Current Favorite Pic:
Badass Crawling Edit.jpg

Mods
Interior:
GripCords.com glow-in-the-dark white and black grab handles

Exterior:
Rough Country Hybrid Winch Stubby front bumper (installed)
Ass loads of stickers (I am admittedly a sticker whore).
Removed rear bumper
Spiderwebshade SW-1 JK2D (probably my favorite mod to date!)
GripCords.com coyote tan zipper pulls
JK Rubi Rails
Daystar Hood Wranglers
3C2X.com Quad Pods (Windshield mounted)
3C2X.com Quad Pods (Retrofitted to fog light replacements)
3C2X.com Hex Pods (Mounted to the bumper)
Daystar Hood Wranglers
Barricade 9500lb Winch

Suspension & Tires:
Rubi MOABs
285/70/R17 Falken Tires Rocky Mountain ATS IIs
JKUR Shocks & Springs (approx 1.5" of lift)

Performance/Electronics:
Superchips FlashCal
sPOD switch system

In Progress:
PlstiDip front grille matte black & remove Jeep emblem
Smittybilt XRC-8 Comp Winch (w/ synthetic rope & aluminum fairlead; coming next year)
20" LED light bar mounted via Strike Force Zebra through the grille light bar mount
More wannabe Dually's for the ass end
Volant Cool Air Intake (17636)
aFe Power Mach Force XP Hi-Tuck 2.5" Axle-Back Exhaust

My overall goal for my project/daily driver is to get the best offroad performance for the cost. So far I have really lucked out getting awesome deals or landing free stuff from really great people. I plan to get the Smittybilt flares next, then Rubi Rails, and lastly the new winch. In about a year or so I will need to buy new tires to replace these since they were given to me (they're a used set form a 2010 Rubicon). I'll also be replacing the JKUR shocks around the same time that I get new tires just to bolster the Suspension and ride a little. I will more than likely go with a Zone Offroad product. I also have plans for quite the handful of skid plates but am not fully decided on all of those yet. I've been drooling over some Spiderwebshade goodies too but can't justify the purchase quite yet since I have a soft top lol

I'm addicted to my JK and I know that, even though I'm broke and am trying to save money for my Weding/Honeymoon coming up next August (2014), I'll still end up buying little things here and there like interior storage bags/drawers, Hi-Lift Jack and mount, more stickers, and other doo-dads or toys that I like. My JK is in her teen years, yes she's a female named Lee-Roy, but she's slowly growing to be quite a BAMF lol

Quick description of why she's a "LOST YETI" ... She's big, she's mean, she's white like the snow packed Himalayan Mountains, and she's in the middle of nowhere Texas...LOST! Lol

Lastly I hit the trails frequently both local and out near Austin, TX so I'll post those trips in other threads and link them here.

TO THE PICS!
null_zps3830ddc1.jpg

^ How I rolled until this past Friday/Saturday...I hated those tires/wheels.

null_zpse0bc1c4d.jpg

null_zpsadd5e18e.jpg

null_zps44f69802.jpg

^ My sticker addiction :rolleyes:

I only have one pic from installing the bumper :/ we were working too hard to stop for pictures haha pic is after got the stock bumper off, cut original brake booster bracket off, and installed new bracket that moves the brake booster out of the way. After this we had to mount the winch plate, extend the wiring for the fog lights by about 6 inches. And then install the fog lights & end caps.
null_zpscee74ef8.jpg

And today after I got my tires and wheels mounted! Looks so much better!!!
null_zps3d7c2f4d.jpg

Up close of the bumper;
null_zpsa9ab731b.jpg

null_zps91392036.jpg

Now the BS pics and one with my Fiancée :)
null_zps5c504a03.jpg

null_zps4b1a8638.jpg

null_zpsfaabf927.jpg

And another sticker from one of the two groups I'm loyal to (CCO; Creek Crawlers Offroad) :) The other is West Texas Crawlers based out of Midland, TX
null_zpsce47782b.jpg

Thanks for looking and stay tuned for more! :cheers:

Last edited:

KPM171

Username: Kenny-g
Vehicle: 2013 JK Sport
Color: Bright White
Project Nickname: LOST YETI
Current Favorite Pic:
null_zps5c504a03.jpg

Mods
Interior:
N/A

Exterior:
Rough Country Hybrid Winch Stubby front bumper (installed)
Ass loads of stickers (I am admittedly a sticker whore).

Suspension & Tires:
Rubi MOABs
255/75/R17 BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/As

Performance:
N/A

In Progress:
Smittybilt XRC Fender Flares (coming soon)
Find a set of used Rubi Rails (Craigslist shoppin)
Smittybilt XRC-8 Comp Winch (w/ synthetic rope & aluminum fairlead; coming late this year)
I need to mount 2 wannabe Dualy's somewhere...I bought them a while ago but haven't decided where to mount them yet.
Stock JKUR springs and shocks (not mounted yet)
Figure out a simple & quick swaybar disconnect set-up

My overall goal for my project/daily driver is to get the best offroad performance for the cost. So far I have really lucked out getting awesome deals or landing free stuff from really great people. I plan to get the Smittybilt flares next, then Rubi Rails, and lastly the new winch. In about a year or so I will need to buy new tires to replace these since they were given to me (they're a used set form a 2010 Rubicon). I'll also be replacing the JKUR shocks around the same time that I get new tires just to bolster the Suspension and ride a little. I will more than likely go with a Zone Offroad product. I also have plans for quite the handful of skid plates but am not fully decided on all of those yet. I've been drooling over some Spiderwebshade goodies too but can't justify the purchase quite yet since I have a soft top lol

I'm addicted to my JK and I know that, even though I'm broke and am trying to save money for my Weding/Honeymoon coming up next August (2014), I'll still end up buying little things here and there like interior storage bags/drawers, Hi-Lift Jack and mount, more stickers, and other doo-dads or toys that I like. My JK is in her teen years, yes she's a female named Lee-Roy, but she's slowly growing to be quite a BAMF lol

Quick description of why she's a "LOST YETI" ... She's big, she's mean, she's white like the snow packed Himalayan Mountains, and she's in the middle of nowhere Texas...LOST! Lol

Lastly I hit the trails frequently both local and out near Austin, TX so I'll post those trips in other threads and link them here.

Thanks for looking and stay tuned for more! :cheers:

I like your idea of working with a base model but picking up rubi parts on the cheap to boost it up. Very clever and you have probably saved yourself a metric ton of cash! Check out this thread for even more take off's:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?8355-2013-JKUR-Take-Off-s-and-extras!

Lots of folks are running dually's using a-pillar mounts, but they are such a small light that you can slap them almost anywhere. Have you thought about custom mounting them into your stubby bumper above the fog light as far back against the grill as they'll go? It'll be an auxiliary light totem! If you don't want to custom mount them on/in your bumper I really like the light bar that fits on that bumper: http://www.roughcountry.com/bumper-light-bar-1056.php

Good luck & try not to get in too much trouble with the almost wife while building on the sneak!:thumb:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Thanks for hte comments and links! Yeah like I said, cheap as possible but not on the durability aspect of things if that makes sense. And that light bar wouldn't be a direct fit but I'm sure I could make it fit. Just need to drill 6 holes and I'd be in business lmao I'm thinking about just splitting the fog light wiring and mounting them on the stubby bumper, theres plenty of room for bolts and such haha

KPM171

Thanks for hte comments and links! Yeah like I said, cheap as possible but not on the durability aspect of things if that makes sense. And that light bar wouldn't be a direct fit but I'm sure I could make it fit. Just need to drill 6 holes and I'd be in business lmao I'm thinking about just splitting the fog light wiring and mounting them on the stubby bumper, theres plenty of room for bolts and such haha

For those lights, it really is just one hole, so lots of possibilities. Take a look at the first pic on the first page on my build thread. The OEM fogs are installed that way to the ARB bumper, but remember to measure 17 times, drill once! :D

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Hahaha yup. Theres plenty of room/space. I just need to get them mailed to me so I can get that done haha you think I'd be fine with wiring them up with my fogs (would just splice them together with the existing wiring) without needing any additional fuses or nothin?

KPM171

Hahaha yup. Theres plenty of room/space. I just need to get them mailed to me so I can get that done haha you think I'd be fine with wiring them up with my fogs (would just splice them together with the existing wiring) without needing any additional fuses or nothin?

Personally, I wouldn't. Just toss 'em on a switch in the cab on some velcro. I run my fog lights almost all the time with my head lights, but if they were on the same switch as a set of Dually's I couldn't use them as often. I'm no electrician, but I'd be careful with that fog light wiring. I've melted a wiring harness or two courtesy of too much current, and while it's not that bad to replace I wouldn't recommend it. I'd just wire it on a separate switch/relay/wiring. Just my $0.02.
283728_10151006016872068_1308082678_n.jpg

TeamFaust

x2 on the not wiring AUX lights in with the factory fog. Run them with their own switch and a rely so as to manage the higher power to the AUX lights.
Good looking bumper! Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Thanks! I'm mentally figuring out how to wire this now lol I'd rather not run wires all the way to the battery but I may have to do that :dont_know:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Ordered the followiing last night! I have wannabe Duallys on the way and I bought everything to mount them and my switch. :D

Switch: http://www.otrattw.com/proddetail.php?prod=V1D1J66B-AYCWL-1WL
WINDB.jpg

Switch panel: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006VJO61I/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Windshield mount: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FAI8GM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had pics for the panel and mount but they were enormous ass Amazon pics lol

Anyway so yea, I'm pretty excited! It's gonna look clean as hell. I just have to buy all the wiring, in line fuseholder, a lot of connectors, and a switch thing :) Pretty pumped to get these on!

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
The diagram that I'm gonna follow. I'm working on a better one at work that isn't just drawn lol it is not my own diagram I just drew it out for myself.
null_zps4183f179.jpg

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
On Sunday, we rotated the front tires to the rear and took the rear bumper off ;)

It's amazing how just removing the rear bumper gives her a completely different look.
null_zps57acc17e.jpg

And then just one of the front to show how purdy she can look when me and a friend put some elbow grease into cleaning haha
null_zps5a100f74.jpg

The fender flares are gonna dissapear next. I just have to order their replacements first haha hopefully the second Paycheck of July :thumb:

Anyways, I got everything except my damn lights! They should be in the mail tomorrow though.
null_zpsb71ed12a.jpg

So I went to work mounting the stuff that I could. The switch isn't wired since I don't have the lights yet but I wanted to get used to having the switch at the lower dash panel area since it's almost in the way of the 4x4 gear selector. It looks terrific though!
null_zps4c83cc8d.jpg

And I mounted the windshield light mounts...they look good and will work great with the lights :D
null_zps0ceda8c1.jpg

KPM171

And then just one of the front to show how purdy she can look when me and a friend put some elbow grease into cleaning haha
null_zps5a100f74.jpg

The fender flares are gonna dissapear next. I just have to order their replacements first haha hopefully the second Paycheck of July :thumb:

Oooooh, shiny! Which fender flares are you going with?

Last edited:

KPM171

Don't kill me...but Smittybilt has incredibly affordable thin metal fenders that my buddy has and they look great on his rig. They only cost $269.99 for all 4! Plus I like to use Extreme Terrain cause they have awesome customer service and free shipping not to mention great prices IMO ;) http://www.extremeterrain.com/smittybilt-xrc-fender-flares-jk-76837.html

I have no beef with Smittybilt. I've had good experiences with their products and I've got their XRC X2O 10,000lb winch on my Jeep right now. The only thing I'd think about when going to a thin metal fender is how will they stand up to any damage? Will they bend back out easily after you lean on a tree or a rock for a bit like a set of plastic ones?

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Lol cool. A lot of other people grill me talking about how their bumpers suck ass and stuff but I'm not getting their bumpers haha I'm also lookin at their 8k lb winch but we'll see.

The fenders are surprisingly sturdy! I don't know how well it'd hold up against a tree or rock but if I get it to that point I've probably rolled it anyway bahaha

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372015978.489816.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372015992.532642.jpg

Had some fun wheeling yesterday :) our group is called Creek Crawlers Offroad (CCO) for good reason haha all three main trails we hit up have creeks and shit we ford through hahahaha

silverbackjk

On Sunday, we rotated the front tires to the rear and took the rear bumper off ;)

It's amazing how just removing the rear bumper gives her a completely different look.
null_zps57acc17e.jpg

null_zps5a100f74.jpg

Anyways, I got everything except my damn lights! They should be in the mail tomorrow though.
null_zpsb71ed12a.jpg

So I went to work mounting the stuff that I could. The switch isn't wired since I don't have the lights yet but I wanted to get used to having the switch at the lower dash panel area since it's almost in the way of the 4x4 gear selector. It looks terrific though!
null_zps4c83cc8d.jpg

And I mounted the windshield light mounts...they look good and will work great with the lights :D
null_zps0ceda8c1.jpg

Quick Question. On your daystar rocker panel do the two clips on the top click when you press it in? And does your pannel pop open on bumps? Mine does not latch tight.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Yeah I really have to push the clips in but it's in there. I had to shave off a ton of excess plastic from around the clips to get it to go into the holes (that sounds so bad). I did that with a carpentry knife. I wasn't very impressed with it. It looks alright but I wish I wouldve bought their A pilar one instead. Oh well, hind sight is always 20-20

Top Bottom