Coils???

Jerms

Hey guys, im looking into lifting my 08 Four Door Rubicon a little higher than what i have now, simply for ground clearance. Im currently running a teraflex 2.5" coil with 35's.

Im looking to go to either 4" or 4.5" coil.

I do have a front driveshaft, adjustable lowers and will be installing a rear driveshaft. Brakelines have already been extended, and I am aware that additional bumpstop lengths are needed. My end goal is to run 37's, but I will beef up my axles etc before I purchase my tires. I want everything to be in place before i jump to the 37's. Adjustable lower rear control arms will be necessary to push the rear axle back into place, as well as trac bar bracket relocations.

With that being said, id like some input on what coils you guys are running, how much lift did you actually get, and how are they riding. Also, I do have a front bumper and a winch. This is just a weekend ride. I might put 4500 miles in a year on it.

Do i need to be considering drag link flip as well?

Harlan.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you are running Bushwacker flares, all you really need is about 3.5" to clear 37's. It's what we're running on our dozer JK and what I would recommend as it'll help keep your center of gravity lower. Regarding what coils to go with, I guess it all depends on what kind of ride you prefer. I personally would recommend EVO plush ride coils because they offer one of the softest most comfortable rides around but, if you prefer something firmer, good options to look at are Old Man Emu or maybe even Full Traction. If you like a stiff ride, something like TeraFlex will give you that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Drag link flip is a must to correct the geometry.

Agreed, I would install a drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit with this amount of lift. Also, a rear drive shaft really isn't necessary on a 4-door.

Jerms

so you guys running a 3.5 coil/ lift, are you not concerned about having more belly clearance?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
so you guys running a 3.5 coil/ lift, are you not concerned about having more belly clearance?

Oh, I'm concerned all right. There's plenty of belly clearance when it's point up at the sky :crazyeyes:

lol to read around Eddies sarcasm a bit i think he is saying he isnt really all that concerned. as long as your lift clears your tires at full flex you will be ok. the tires help the most with your clearance issues. i know Henrich is running the TF 2.5 on his 2 door with 37's and bushwacker flats and has PLENTY of clearance. he wasnt even touching rocks with his belly most of the time. so 3.5 and 37's and you will be fine with clearance

Jerms

Oh, I'm concerned all right. There's plenty of belly clearance when it's point up at the sky :crazyeyes:

thats funny, and true!

would i be better suited for a 3.5" for driveability? do you guys know what the plush ride evo's actually yield in height after winch and bumper? what i dont want is my front end sagging

MTG

Caught the Bug
thats funny, and true!

would i be better suited for a 3.5" for driveability? do you guys know what the plush ride evo's actually yield in height after winch and bumper? what i dont want is my front end sagging

I posted this up in another thread for someone else. Only ones I had on my phone. EVO 1/4 pounder, stinger and Warn CTI-S winch. The first picture is fully loaded up in the back.

View attachment 34297

View attachment 34298

View attachment 34299

MTG

Caught the Bug
What lift or coils are you running? Thanks for the pics

EVO Enforcer which comes with 4" EVO plush ride coils. I thought that's what you wanted info on? I don't remember the exact amount of lift (I've posted it here before somewhere), but it is just under 4". :thumb:

Jerms

EVO Enforcer which comes with 4" EVO plush ride coils. I thought that's what you wanted info on? I don't remember the exact amount of lift (I've posted it here before somewhere), but it is just under 4". :thumb:

What did you do for your steering? Flip kit?

im assuming those are 37's?

suicideking

I've been running the Evo 4" coils for a few months. Love them so far!

You'll definnitely want the drag link kit, I got the Synergy kit. I drove without it for a couple months, steering sucked with lots of bump steer and weird handling.

Top Bottom