10th Anniversary Rubicon - AEV parts or not?

JAGS

Hooked
... But they are not aev.... :idontknow:

Sent via carrier pigeon

The mopar hood and front bumper for the 10th edition are the AEVs. Just like the softtops are the bestop ones. Rebranded to Mopar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lane87

The mopar hood and front bumper for the 10th edition are the AEVs. Just like the softtops are the bestop ones. Rebranded to Mopar.

You would be correct in this referring to the Moab and Call of Duty Editions but the 10th anniversary Edition has a different hood and bumper that are completely original and designed by Mopar.

Napalm90

What lane said. The hood and bumper are unique and only available if you purchase the 10a, order te parts through a dealer but they cost alot, buy the parts off someone who has a 10a. They are completely different that the AEV bumpers

Sent via carrier pigeon

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What lane said. The hood and bumper are unique and only available if you purchase the 10a, order te parts through a dealer but they cost alot, buy the parts off someone who has a 10a. They are completely different that the AEV bumpers

Sent via carrier pigeon

They may be unique but it is actually AEV that makes them for mopar

Sent from my iPhone

epiccosmo

Even on the AEV forum they said they did not have anything to do with these bumpers and hoods. They were just happy they designed the rear bumper with the tire carrier in mind.

jhires

Even on the AEV forum they said they did not have anything to do with these bumpers and hoods. They were just happy they designed the rear bumper with the tire carrier in mind.

But I read it on the internets! :D
I got my info from speculation about the knockouts for a spare tire carrier much like the AEV bumper/carrier combo, but it was speculation. Glad I was wrong, and now stand corrected. :beer:

jhires

Was hoping to head off the discussion by admitting I was wrong, but should have known better.

Alas my dry sense of humor strikes again. :doh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, learn something everyday - never knew the new 2013 JK's came with this (pic taken from the EVO JK)...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1370972216.113798.jpg

StrizzyChris

Wow, learn something everyday - never knew the new 2013 JK's came with this (pic taken from the EVO JK)...
View attachment 34694

yup....and post ProCal mine now says 0 on all four corners. I wanted to set the alarm at 10psi but leave it on to read what the PSI is, but the ProCal can not be set like that :grayno:

edit: Unless I just couldnt figure it out and someone else knows how to do it.

Top Bottom