ILL SUCKS for wheeling

Sudden 70

Anyone else live in the Chicago area and wish there was more to do for wheeling.
Ok so there I one legal spot in Illinois to wheel. The cliffs is great but it's not Moab! Or Colorado, or shit anywhere in the US with mountains or hills to play on. There's the Badlands in Indiana it's great too. But it's not..... well you get the picture.

This was us enjoying what we can at the Cliffs last weekend.
The next time anyone is gonna play at either of these two let me know I might join you.

Attachments

• image-109394429.jpg
    image-109394429.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 200
  • image-2835308973.jpg
    image-2835308973.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 202
At least you have hills and something other than sand. In Florida that is all we have is sand and if you are lucky it will be mixed with swamp wanter and silt. Looks like you had fun.

munstie

Agreed there are all sorts of places to go but nothing legal or supported by the DNR.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

Beyrgut

Yup all we have is sand, pin-striping trees, and swamp mud. Sometimes all on same trail, but no real hills or rocks to play on. The good side is it a great excuse for a "Road Trip", and everyone loves a roadtrip:rock:.

Prime8

A buddy hit up Flat Nasty just south of St. Louis and said its pretty good. Badlands is decent.

Atch

I'm not sure how far away Springfield Missouri is from you but SMORR is an awesome park. It sits on close to 1k acres and has great facilities, it's located outside of Seymor which is about 40 min east of Springfield.

toys4rocks

Just for a little reference, Springfield is about 2.5 to 3 hrs south of Kc, be one nice road trip from Chicago.

munstie

Some buddies of mine were at smorr in March during the snowstorm. Unfortunately I couldn't make that trip, but they all said that they had a great time down there.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

jmm176

Anyone else live in the Chicago area and wish there was more to do for wheeling.
Ok so there I one legal spot in Illinois to wheel. The cliffs is great but it's not Moab! Or Colorado, or shit anywhere in the US with mountains or hills to play on. There's the Badlands in Indiana it's great too. But it's not..... well you get the picture.

This was us enjoying what we can at the Cliffs last weekend.
The next time anyone is gonna play at either of these two let me know I might join you.

We will....oh wait I just remembered I don't live in Joliet no more.....so if you're up for a three day drive to Shaver Lake Ca Im in, plenty of places to wheel here. Growing up there I have to say its a totally different kind of wheelin' we always had trucks and just went "muddin" .

Top Bottom