DEFENSE MINE : An Historic Panamint Valley Jeep Trail

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Out on the east side of the Panamint Valley, there's a trail that takes you up the Argus Range and ultimately to an old tungsten mine known as the Defense Mine. While the trail is for the most part short and easy, there are a few challenging sections along the way that can be a lot of fun if you choose to take them. The biggest obstacle on the trail is known as Waterfall Zero or Zero Fall and, as the name suggests, it's essentially a big dry waterfall made of marble, polished smooth and shaped like a chute. If you're not careful, it's definitely one that can do some real damage. Just past it, there's an optional route to the top known as the Cummings Cutoff and, if you choose to take it, you'll find yourself on a nice length of trail strewn with loose chop and big rocks. In this short video, you'll get to see highlights from a recent run we did up this trail with a total of 8 Jeep JK Wranglers, 6 of which were 4-door Unlimited models and 1 of which was a 2-door Sport. We hope you enjoy it. :cool:

A BIG THANKS goes out to Tony, Stephanie, Doug, Moochie, Adam, Don, Lori, Dave, Laura and Ray for joining us on this run and for helping to make this video possible.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WIN a set of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
I know we have another shot glasses giveaway going on right now but, being that this is the first wheeling video we've released in a while, we felt like celebrating a bit. Needless to say, we'll be giving away yet another pair of shot glasses and all you have to do to enter WIN is post a response on this thread. A WINNER will be selected and announced on Wednesday, June 19th. You will not have to be present to win. :cool:

UPDATE: The WINNER is wetfootnw

bran996

Re: DEFENSE MINE : A Historic Panamint Valley Jeep Trail

Nice video. Now, I need those shot glasses to store in my recovery bag with my bottle of American honey.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yet another good one! :yup:

a total of 8 Jeep JK Wranglers, 6 of which were 4-door Unlimited models and 1 of which was a 2-door Sport

What was the 8th jeep? :thinking:

RockyJk

Re: DEFENSE MINE : A Historic Panamint Valley Jeep Trail

Awesome video! Would of been even better if Moby was there lol

Smokinjoe

Quality video, I know the trail as I live in Ridgecrest just about an hour away, yah water fall zero loves to eat JK tail lights LOL keep them videos coming :clap2:

sj

swiss_jeep

This trail reminds me of the way to the old iron mines in the S-charl valley in south-east of Switzerland (you speak S-charl out like sharl (it's romansh :brows:). The only difference ...... the trail in S-charl is part of the lokal National Park and therefore forbidden to enter by car :crybaby:

PS: cool video Eddie!!:thumb::2thumbsup:

Stickmann7

Sweet!!!

Eddie and Cindy...great video as usual!!! Ur lucky to have those types of trails fairly close to where you live. Great stuff and these videos give the rest of us destinations for the future!!! Keep those vids comin' we love 'em!!!!!

1036 4 off road

DEFENSE MINE : A Historic Panamint Valley Jeep Trail

Some very intense wheeling scenes with a nice relaxing stroll down a mine shaft - nice way to spend the day !
Great video - wish I could have been there !

Top Bottom