$27,500 Gun Hits Targets at 1,000 Yards

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thats awesome! A sniper on the local swat team can hit and I have seem him hit an 800 yard target with a stock model 700, 270 :eek:. We all lost 20 dollars each. :what:

jhires

Realistically I'm not sure what I could use this for. But, damn! I'd buy it anyway if I could afford to drop that sort of coin on a firearm. I think I'll be putting the first $28k I have free into my Jeep tho. :D

cool but, pricey! seems like it would take all the fun out of long range shooting. doing all the calculations and wind gauging is half the fun in the first place. 1000 yards isnt that far, or anything to brag about. especially when chambered in a 338

DanMojo82

You'd be better off spending $5k on a decent rifle and optic combo and paying somebody $10k to teach you how to shoot. Then taking the remaining $12k to a strip club to celebrate. :celebrate:

You'd be better off spending $5k on a decent rifle and optic combo and paying somebody $10k to teach you how to shoot. Then taking the remaining $12k to a strip club to celebrate. :celebrate:

or buy a 50bmg for 20k and get lessons for 7 and really reach out and touch something :thumb:

Skid_Kid

Chris Kyle shot an insurgent at a range of 2,100 yards with his .338 Lapua Magnum-chambered McMillan TAC-338 sniper rifle in Iraq.

Sent from my PRC-119

sfrubicon

Not worth it, we shoot at a mile with a .300 winmag. Why spend the money, you could get a descent gun and ammo and use some of that money towards range time.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I love technology advancement and shooting. But this...

that allows even an inexperienced shooter to hit a target 10 football fields away. .

...is fucking idiotic!

Of course, that same dipshit missing his/her target and hitting something/someone else would be worse. :grayno:

Last edited:
I wouldn't spend half of that on a rilfe! Iii can hit 600 yards no problem with winchester 7mm rem mag I'm sure I can hit more yards with a bigger scope butt no need for all they tech stuftf

Ben-0

Chris Kyle shot an insurgent at a range of 2,100 yards with his .338 Lapua Magnum-chambered McMillan TAC-338 sniper rifle in Iraq.

Sent from my PRC-119

I'm reading his book and just read that a bit ago witch is pretty amazing

Remington 700 .308 can hit at 1000 yards and doesn't cost a fraction of that

ssgp2

Technology doesn't replace skills, because an inexperience shooter knows nothing about follow through, he will miss.

Other factors: wind, air density,terrain,etc.....

Last edited:

bholder817

Pretty awesome what tech can do now! But I would rather learn how to do all the extras and save my money for cooler stuff! Like a new Hemi or LS for the Jeep!:rock:

MobyJR

Ill hit a carpet pilot in the face at 400 yds and in the torso at 500. Thats with a carbine/ACOG I would rather be good at shooting than have a computer do it for me.

Top Bottom