Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever been chased out of a cool spot to wheel??

Knows a Thing or Two

Ever been chased out of a cool spot to wheel??

Today i went to sleepy creek lake in WV. I have been there 4 times now. There are a few fire roads to wheel on and a few mud holes near the camp grounds.

I was down at the boat ramp and there is a spot that has a small hill climb, about a 200ft long mud hole and some places to test your flex.

i made my third pass through the mud when my girlfriend seen a grand cherokee haulin ass over to where we were. It was the WV DNR. he waved me over. as i climbed up the hill to go over to him he gets out and he looked pissed.

he wanted to know what the hell i was doing out there. long story short. i found out that i wasn't supposed to be wheeling out there. and he let me go without a fine.

Just wondering if anyone else has any stories about being chased out of a good spot to wheel?

Nope, I do my best to make sure I'm wheeling only where allowed. Illegal wheeling is what gets trails closed.

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Nope, I do my best to make sure I'm wheeling only where allowed. Illegal wheeling is what gets trails closed.
    thought it was legal, been there a few times with guys from the site. there was no signs saying not to be there, nor baracaids of anysort. The DNR officer was kind enough to tell me that we could legally be on the fire roads, as long as we are off of them by 5 p.m. since that is when they shut the gates to the trails.
    Last edited by NUBS MCGEE; 06-16-2013 at 03:08 AM.

Banned
    Hasn't happened to me but I do wheel when I go camping in and dry creek with sandy hill climbs and rocks its like a quad trail but we go shooting there but I go on the creek but I don't know if its legal or not but it sure is fun lol

Quote Originally Posted by NUBS MCGEE View Post
    thought it was legal, been there a few times with guys from the site. there was no signs saying not to be there, nor baracaids of anysort. The DNR officer was kind enough to tell me that we could legally be on the fire roads, as long as we are off of them by 5 p.m. since that is when they shut the gates to the trails.
    Sorry, wasn't trying to rip on you or imply you intentionally were illegal wheeling, I was just trying to say I try and check it out here if I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Sharkey; 06-16-2013 at 03:22 AM.

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Sorry, wasn't trying to rip on you or imply you intentionally were illegal wheeling, I was just trying to say I try and check it out here if I'm not sure.
    No prob,

Knows a Thing or Two
    been driving for almost 20 years and wheeling for about 15 of em. this is the first time i've ever been told i couldn't be somewhere.

Used to go behind Buckley AFB down in Aurora with friends all the time to wheel ( id say I was 16 or 17 at the time ). They had everything from mud to hill climbs. Everyone used to go back there from jeeps to trucks to dirt bikes and 4 wheelers. In the middle of it was a hill you had to go down then through a creek/mud that would prolly burry 33"s so not to bad then back up another pretty steep hill. Didn't really know we couldn't be back there, but luckly crown vic's can go through 2' of mud lol so we got away haven't been back there since. Now from story's I hear if you get caught back there its a $500 fine

I'm constantly thrown out of super wealthy gated communities in Scottsdale, AZ. Does this count?
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

^^yes absolutely lol
    2013 Jeep with some stuff on it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast