Airbag dash light

zaid7

hey guys today i was driving my jk on road just casualy and my airbag light came on all of a sudden i checked my manual and all it said was take it to a authorised repairer. has anyone had this issue before or have a fix. i have not had any crashes or big hits wheeling or anything thought it was strange not sure if it matters but i have a 08 manual jku sport

Lane87

it's a bad clock spring. they extended the warranty for 2007s and RHD 2008s but still haven't done LHD 08s... I have the same problem.

it's a bad clock spring. they extended the warranty for 2007s and RHD 2008s but still haven't done LHD 08s... I have the same problem.

On another note my mom had the same issue with her Honda and it was a wire in the seatbelt buckle recepticle. They replaced the wire harness and it was all good. If the clock spring does not fix it might look there.

R/
Will

zaid7

were can i find a clock spring and how to change it is there a write up anyone no of. i dont mind taking it back but i dont want my wallet to be ass raped for faulty spring or sonthing easy

onbelay

were can i find a clock spring and how to change it is there a write up anyone no of. i dont mind taking it back but i dont want my wallet to be ass raped for faulty spring or sonthing easy

It's about $180 to $200 depending on where you get it from. I haven't looked on this forum for a write-up, but I found an awesome one on another forum. It's not a very difficult job; perhaps an hour of work.

zaid7

i think ill try find the write up on google and call my dealer see if they will fix it under warranty or recall

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Just FYI ... I had a bad clock spring on my 2010 that was not covered under the recall. After some sweet talking to Chrysler they paid for the parts and I paid labor. Pretty cool of them. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is a known problem and I would definitely try to get this covered under warranty. Being in Australia, I can't imagine that your Jeep has been modified much if at all and there should be no reason why it isn't covered especially being that a TSB was issued for it.

Beyrgut

They need better terms for some of these parts. Everytime I hear "it's the clock spring", it reminds me of the crewcheifs sending newbs out to the flightline to "echo check" the inlets.

zaid7

eddie its great to hear your thoughts on this issue i have found im apprently not cpvered and there is no recall for it where can i find out all recalls made fory year modle jk so i can print it out and rub it in there face

Top Bottom