Evo Rock Star Skids

Robar

The Enforcer
They are fairly easy to install. Here is a little write I did on my '07 JK.

Off Road Evolution supplied pretty good instructions, but I thought I would try and add to them.

Jack up your jeep and support it using jack stands with the back tires off of the ground.

Remove the tires, shocks, sway bar links, brake caliper, & lower control arms.

Shock mount prior to EVO Rock Stars.
4_inch_lift_11.jpg

Measure 1.5 inches down from center of the lower control arm bolt hole.
4_inch_lift_02.jpg

We used a sawzall to cut the bracket & shock mounts then used a grinder to trim and smooth things up some.
4_inch_lift_13.jpg

4_inch_lift_19.jpg

We then painted the bare metal and test fit the Rock Stars.
4_inch_lift_24.jpg

4_inch_lift_25.jpg

We then installed the bolts. Remember the small lower bolt needs to be inserted from inside the bracket so the nut is exposed. The small upper bold is inserted from the outside so the nut is on the inside.
4_inch_lift_26.jpg

4_inch_lift_29.jpg

Now it is time to reinstall the lower control arm.
Note: If you are using the EVO Rock Stars along with the TeraFlex axle mounted track bar bracket be prepared to go to the store and pick up a longer bolt for the lower control arm mount, as the stock bolt will not be long enough. This is for the driver's side only. Torque the small bolts to 40 ft. lbs.
4_inch_lift_30.jpg

4_inch_lift_32.jpg

I decided to use OME long travel shocks with my lift and ran into a small problem. The rear shocks would not mount into the EVO Rock Stars without trimming the mounts a little to prevent the shock tube from rubbing and the holes to line up to get the lower mounting bolt in.
4_inch_lift_37.jpg

4_inch_lift_36.jpg

It is now time to reattach the brake caliper, sway bar links, shocks, wheels, and lower your JK to the ground. After lowering you JK torque you lower control arm bolts to 125 ft. lbs. and your shocks to 90 ft. lbs.
This is what my finished EVO Rock Stars looked like.
4_inch_lift_38.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a set in my garage that I have been meaning to install for months. Maybe in a couple weeks I can do them.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Slight redesign, the swaybar bracket is incorporated into the rockstar. The factory swaybar mount needs to be cut off.

JAGS

Hooked
How would these new Rock Star Skids work with the 4" EVO Enforcer kit in terms of articulation issues? Says on the site to cycle suspension to check for issues, etc. I'll be running the Rancho 9000s with the Enforcer.

ilikedirt2011

Thanks for the info guys!! Putting these down on my list of upgrades!! Hopefully ill have some extra cash and be able to em soon!!

bl17z90

These seem like a great way to protect and really get some extra rear flex. My question is what does it mean to cycle your suspension?

bl17z90

Oh ok, thanks.

Is removing the rear springs and adjusting the body height with a jack the best way to do that?

pastorwug

This write-up is what I wanted to see, doesn't look too hard.
Basically looks like a nice Saturday job.

Going to go order now.
Thanks for the help :clap2:

Top Bottom