Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everything I'll need when I get a lift and new tires

Been Around the Block 1yellowjk's Avatar
    Bossier City, Louisianna by-way-of Oklahoma!
    Where you at in LA?

Remember that what works well for West Coast may not be the same for us down south, our terrain is not the same as theirs and vise-versa.

I would go slow and build up smartly. I wouldn't go 33's as an upgrade unless you don't plan on wheeling much.

I guess it will depend on what you want to do, I can't tell you how many timess I get asked "You take that thang muddin?"....your choice of off roading will play a large role in what you need to spend your money on.
    Dale
    1999 XJ- Lockers, Winch, 33's, 4.5" vert, and some cool dents/welds.
    2012 JK Sport (sold)
    2008 JK Unlimited (sold)
    1992 YJ (sold)

My Jeeps
    http://wayalife.com/album.php?albumid=137

Fresh Catch

Everything I'll need when I get a lift and new tires

1yellowjk I'm from Shreveport and most my offloading will be on my hunting leases and yeah I'll do a little bit of mudding but not a whole ton I just want to be able to be versatile have it get for the road but be able to have a little fun off road as well

Quote Originally Posted by theleesullivan View Post
    1yellowjk I'm from Shreveport and most my offloading will be on my hunting leases and yeah I'll do a little bit of mudding but not a whole ton I just want to be able to be versatile have it get for the road but be able to have a little fun off road as well
    We were in Benton for 8 years. We are military and have been stationed in Maryland for the last two. Hopefully August 2014 we will be back down in Benton. I was part of Bayou Jeepers when we were there.

Fresh Catch

Cajun jk that's awesome I have some friends that went to Benton high school now they're all over the place and I want to look into that

-

For my 2012 jku sport automatic, I installed a 3.5" rock krawler flex system, 35" toyo M/T's new wheels, an AFE Y-pipe and EVO c-gussets. I have 3.21 gears with 35's and don't have an issue with power loss (I used a superchips flashcal to reprogram tire size) I'd say all you need is the lift 2.5" or so, 35's, wheel spacers, and some sort of exhaust spacer or AFE y pipe. I installed the c gussets for a little assurance with my D30 front axle. Breather tubes may need to be extended as well but that's a cheap and quick fix. Hope this helps a bit

Fresh Catch

Quote Originally Posted by seanb33 View Post
    For my 2012 jku sport automatic, I installed a 3.5" rock krawler flex system, 35" toyo M/T's new wheels, an AFE Y-pipe and EVO c-gussets. I have 3.21 gears with 35's and don't have an issue with power loss (I used a superchips flashcal to reprogram tire size) I'd say all you need is the lift 2.5" or so, 35's, wheel spacers, and some sort of exhaust spacer or AFE y pipe. I installed the c gussets for a little assurance with my D30 front axle. Breather tubes may need to be extended as well but that's a cheap and quick fix. Hope this helps a bit
    Yes thanks alot

Been Around the Block White_JKU's Avatar
    Just wheel it and see what you NEED to buy after a few experiences off the road.

Where are you from in LA? I'm in Lafayette
    -Natalie KCCO!

Re: Everything I'll need when I get a lift and new tires

Quote Originally Posted by White_JKU View Post
    Just wheel it and see what you NEED to buy after a few experiences off the road.
    X2...if ur new to Jeeps I would recommend getting a set of used 33" mud tires that are wider than stock and wheel spacers. No lift needed and you won't sink as easily in the mud ur loomy soil. Cheap and a basis to decide what you really need in a suspension. If you plan to hit creek beds it would be smart to buy a set of Rubi rails to protect your tub from the rocks as well as an oil pan skid. Armor and recovery gear are always a good first mods. Not as flashy but better than paying for damage repair.
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

Been Around the Block 1yellowjk's Avatar
    Bossier City, Louisianna by-way-of Oklahoma!
    Quote Originally Posted by theleesullivan View Post
    Well let me know if you need any help, I'm always down to turn a wrench and have a beer (or two).
    Dale
    1999 XJ- Lockers, Winch, 33's, 4.5" vert, and some cool dents/welds.
    2012 JK Sport (sold)
    2008 JK Unlimited (sold)
    1992 YJ (sold)

My Jeeps
    http://wayalife.com/album.php?albumid=137

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast