Factory fender chop, inner fender question

mtnbiker995

Is there any way to reuse/make use out of the factory inner fender? I'm about to chop my fenders but I'd like to have some kind of inner fender figured out first. If anyone has pictures or ideas please let me know, I live in the midwest and have to deal with way too much salt in the winter to even consider not having inner fenders.

Thanks!

Kneece

I just trashed mine. There is no way to keep it from flapping around as your driving.

Sent by Pony Express

Atch

Is there any way to reuse/make use out of the factory inner fender? I'm about to chop my fenders but I'd like to have some kind of inner fender figured out first. If anyone has pictures or ideas please let me know, I live in the midwest and have to deal with way too much salt in the winter to even consider not having inner fenders.

Thanks!

Absolutely, only part we trimmed on the inner fender on my buddies jk was right where it meets the sheet metal. You cut out the little hump then we used a zip tie through a precut hole in the body to hold it on.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I saw a few who cut it to match the sheet metal and zip tied it to one of the holes to hold it at the bottom of the wheel well

Sent from my iPhone

i re-used mine up front and they DO NOT flap while driving! the rear I trashed though... you just have to trim the front in a way that allows you to secure them back without too much excess and still maintain good coverage!

andrew -

mtnbiker995

i re-used mine up front and they DO NOT flap while driving! the rear I trashed though... you just have to trim the front in a way that allows you to secure them back without too much excess and still maintain good coverage!

andrew -

Do you have a couple pics of your cut and trim so I could see what it looks like?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I agree with Paychex. Re-used the fronts and ditched the rear. Let me go take some pics.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

mtnbiker995

Absolutely, only part we trimmed on the inner fender on my buddies jk was right where it meets the sheet metal. You cut out the little hump then we used a zip tie through a precut hole in the body to hold it on.

Do you have a pic of this? I think I understand what you're saying but it'd be nice to see

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372124398.189430.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372124411.393597.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372124424.461357.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372124441.858997.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372124454.195174.jpg

Crappy phone pics but I hope this helps. I even re-used the side markers. I plan on painting the exposed metal black.
There is zero flapping. :)

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Holeshot

Banned
I kept mine as I live in a very muddy area, keeping the engine bay clean is primordial.

I used a rubber pad to fill the space between the body and the inner fender.

2012-07-11 17.53.23.jpg

mtnbiker995

yep, just the factory plugs and bolt. adding a ziptie or two couldnt hurt though...

andrew -

Hmm...I'll try to model yours and then throw zip ties on if needed! Haha

Thanks for all the quick responses and pictures guys, I'm feelin better about the chop now knowing that the inner fender is salvageable.

Hmm...I'll try to model yours and then throw zip ties on if needed! Haha

Thanks for all the quick responses and pictures guys, I'm feelin better about the chop now knowing that the inner fender is salvageable.

you can do this.... drill a hole in the skins at the bottom and force a plug in the body seam...

drivers
1372126300225.jpg

passenger
1372126327455.jpg

just make sure you triple check to put the hole in the correct spot! :D

andrew -

JAGS

Hooked
I did mine with a zip. Once the wells are painted black, you won't see the zip tie. 👍

Trim that outer edge of the liner to line up with outer edge of the body, or this won't work. Ask me how I know. 😉 Luckily had second set of liners on standby.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372126903.197915.jpg

Top Bottom