Rear Bumper Recs

b-white

I know this question must have been asked a million times and its all a matter of personal taste. Frankly the amount of options are overwhelming. I do have some specific requirements to narrow it down.

Yesterday I was hit from behind at a stop light. Damage was relatively minimal but they hit my tire carrier and bent it up. I wouldn't be surprised if I get a whole new bumper from it. Right now I have a Mopar bumper with a Mopar rear tire carrier. I am not sad to see this go as its very difficult to open. So much so that I actually go out of my way to not open it. And it rattles like crazy. I have forgone the pin mechanism that latches it closed and use a ratchet strap to keep it from rattling.

This is what I am looking for. I would like a well engineered bumper/rear tire carrier. I really like the thought that went into the Poison Spyder RockBrawler II. I also like Metal Cloaks Tire Carrier system. Both companies seem to put real an engineering behind what they make, as an engineer I appreciate this. Neither of these systems allow for a trail rack. A trail rack is a must as I have literally no room for crap when my entire family piles in. 4 kids and a dog requires a third row, therefore there is no trunk. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :cool:.

As of right now, I do not think that any of the companies who make the "single motion" carrier have released a trail rack. I have the Expedition One rear w/ tire carrier and LOVE IT! while there is not a whole bunch of accessories available, the carrier works flawlessly!!! If you are looking at a carrier/bumper combo that allows you to add accessories such as a trail rack, you probably want to look at the LoD. it is a bit more expensive, but one of the best products on the market!

jmm176

Don't forget when you have a big chunk of steel like a bumper....you have a great founation to weld things to.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

b-white

As of right now, I do not think that any of the companies who make the "single motion" carrier have released a trail rack. I have the Expedition One rear w/ tire carrier and LOVE IT! while there is not a whole bunch of accessories available, the carrier works flawlessly!!! If you are looking at a carrier/bumper combo that allows you to add accessories such as a trail rack, you probably want to look at the LoD. it is a bit more expensive, but one of the best products on the market!

I am not set on the single motion carriers, although that would be nice. I will look at the LoD, I know there is a nice write up about it on Project-JK.com.

Don't forget when you have a big chunk of steel like a bumper....you have a great founation to weld things to.

I wish I had easier access to a welder. One thing I was thinking was possible modifying and welding my current trail rack to the Poison carrier.

I am not set on the single motion carriers, although that would be nice. I will look at the LoD, I know there is a nice write up about it on Project-JK.com.

I wish I had easier access to a welder. One thing I was thinking was possible modifying and welding my current trail rack to the Poison carrier.

I have the LoD Gen III tire carrier and love how it works. Smooth operation and beefy. The Gen III also has the capability to have a trail rack.

Top Bottom