New JKUR and $2500

Benito

Caught the Bug
What would you guys do to a brand new jeep with $2500

Jeep has body matching top and fender flares

Go

KPM171

Without any idea of what your plan is for the Jeep I'm gonna say hookers and blow.

LMAO! That's one way to go. Seriously tho, what are your long term plans for the rig?
What tires/armor/accessories do you plan to run? Not knowing any of that and just tossing out a suggestion, I'd say front bumper, winch, CB (including antenna and cabling), upgraded skid plates (River Raider Off Road full skid system?), & maybe some lights if I had any money left over to get started. Some folks would have you run spacers and bump out to 35's instead of better skid plates. It all depends on what your long term goal is. Make a plan and work towards it so you don't mod, then unmod to remod. Ya know?

Chairokey

Recovery gear ($500), winch ($600), front bumper ($600), ARB fridge ($800).

That might be the first time I've seen the fridge on a list of beginner upgrades lol.

If you are very active at night, you might consider some new HID headlights. The stockers are just terrible. In the country they are dangerous..

StrizzyChris

Oil pan skid, front bumper, winch(if no one you wheel with has one, budget boost 2" lift, used 35" mud tires, cb, C-Gussets and 1.5" wheel spacers

Benito

Caught the Bug
I asked what you guys would do. I have a plan and I don't plan on doing it in stages

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would do a 2.5" lift and some 35's or maybe 37's, C gussets, along with recovery gear to start.

Sent from my iPhone

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
All kidding aside, personally, I'd start with the weak spots. Evo Protek skids, rock sliders of choice, a winch if you do a lot of hairy runs, and a front bumper. Next stage would be a lift of choice, wheels/tires of choice.

EasyE

Gas credit card.. Turn over the rear view mirror.. License plate relocating bracket.. EVO rear D ring mounts.. Good maps.. Sleeping bag/ tent.. Tow strap.. High lift jack..

If the rig is stock, then by far, the first would be a 2.5 to 3 inch lift as it will help keep the bottom from damage and allow you great choice of terrain to take it on and visually, make it look better that stock. Then tires and wheels to help in the offroading ability, bumpers, winch, and light all for safety and recovery if the rigs limits found!!! Good luck and enjoy!:thumb:

JKU EXTREME

35-36" tires, Front bumper, winch, recovery gear and sliders , I wish I had that kind of cash because my rig is a bit of a slow motion build

The first Jeep I drive will also be the last one I drive before I crawl over that great big bolder in the sky

Top Bottom