Regearing my 2012 JK Gear suggestions

DCR JEEP

Need more power on the roads and thought about regearing my 12' JK 2dr Sport soon. I have the stock axles in it currently and wanted to go with the 4.56s front and rear from Yukon. Is the gear ratio right for a 2.5" lift with 35s??

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
-Big E

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
First what gears do you have? Second auto or manual? If its an auto have to recalibrated your speedo to adjust for the larger tires? If not do that before spending money on a regear.

DCR JEEP

First what gears do you have? Second auto or manual? If its an auto have to recalibrated your speedo to adjust for the larger tires? If not do that before spending money on a regear.

My I know what you mean by recalibrating the speedo. My brother had 4.88s installed in his truck thankfully he had a superchip to recalibrating. Wish they would come out with one for the 12' JK!!

-Big E

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My I know what you mean by recalibrating the speedo. My brother had 4.88s installed in his truck thankfully he had a superchip to recalibrating. Wish they would come out with one for the 12' JK!!

-Big E

Recalibrating is more for an auto to get the shift points back to stock. A manual doesn't need that but it's nice to have the speedo correct.

You can use a procal or flashcal to do that.

I have 35's, 3.73's, 6 speed and a 2012 and don't think it's bad at all. If you think you are going to get a locker, or bigger axles or larger tires I would plan for that in your regear. Otherwise 4.56's are more then enough for a 2012+.

jmm176

-Big E

The Superchips Flashcal worked on my 13'

DCR JEEP

Recalibrating is more for an auto to get the shift points back to stock. A manual doesn't need that but it's nice to have the speedo correct.

You can use a procal or flashcal to do that.

I have 35's, 3.73's, 6 speed and a 2012 and don't think it's bad at all. If you think you are going to get a locker, or bigger axles or larger tires I would plan for that in your regear. Otherwise 4.56's are more then enough for a 2012+.

I've got to check on the ratio, I'm not sure if I have 3.21s, I don't know if that was an option for a Sport S. Do you notice any lagging when going up a large hill on the highway??

-Big E

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I've got to check on the ratio, I'm not sure if I have 3.21s, I don't know if that was an option for a Sport S. Do you notice any lagging when going up a large hill on the highway??

-Big E

On large hills I downshift from 5th to 6th to keep up at my normal speed. But it's not that big of a deal for me as most of my driving is flat. It's defiantly not enough to make me spend that kind of cash to regear my Dana 30. Ill wait until I get a PR44 or PR60 up front first.

DCR JEEP

On large hills I downshift from 5th to 6th to keep up at my normal speed. But it's not that big of a deal for me as most of my driving is flat. It's defiantly not enough to make me spend that kind of cash to regear my Dana 30. Ill wait until I get a PR44 or PR60 up front first.

Alright man thanks! I'll have to look at the papers again to see what ratio I have if worst comes to worst I'll bump up to 4.10s. Thanks again!

-Big E

jmm176

Alright man thanks! I'll have to look at the papers again to see what ratio I have if worst comes to worst I'll bump up to 4.10s. Thanks again!

-Big E

The Flashcal also displays what ratio you have when you plug it in. I got an auto w/3.73:1 with 35's and its way better than my 11' with 4.10's. Although living in mountains 4:10 would have been better, just couldn't find one.

DCR JEEP

The Flashcal also displays what ratio you have when you plug it in. I got an auto w/3.73:1 with 35's and its way better than my 11' with 4.10's. Although living in mountains 4:10 would have been better, just couldn't find one.

Alright sweet man. Yea the gears I have now are good offroad cause I really don't do Baja shit lol but crawling its good. Oh well I'll find out later down the road! Thanks!!

-Big E

Top Bottom