dropping hemi for LSA build started!

bluewave

After lurking on this board for a few months I decided to post my build thread here also.

Dropping 5.7 vvt hemi for a supercharged gm 6.2 lsa and 6l90e transmission
dropping the dana 44s with 5.13s for torq super 14s front and rear
getting rid of the fox internal bypass shocks for metalcloak 6 pack shocks
going from 3.5 teraflex elite lcg lift to 5 inches of lift
ssbc brakes front and rear. 14.5'' rotors 6 piston front brakes
ARB air lockers front and rear
Totl custom fiberglass hood
dropping the garvin front and rear bumpers replacing with genright aluminum front and rear with tire carrier

here are the before pictures and then some of the parts that are coming in or already here.

The build is being done by Motech in Las Vegas.
$T2eC16FHJHIE9nysd9VnBRYELgKRt!~~60_3.jpg $T2eC16ZHJHYE9nzpebcPBRYELd67wQ~~60_3.jpg $T2eC16FHJHwE9n8igs5sBRYELiGm7Q~~60_3.jpg

20130524_174708_zps4f3507ad.jpg

DSC00923.jpg

attachment.php

dropping it off at motech in vegas
20130602_091221_zpse91924c3.jpg

new axles
attachment.php

attachment.php

more to come

Last edited by a moderator:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Welcome Steve! :standing wave:

Can't wait to see the final build. 👍

You should hook up with the warmachine702 group for a shake down run before leaving vegas.

bluewave

Welcome Steve! :standing wave:

Can't wait to see the final build. 

You should hook up with the warmachine702 group for a shake down run before leaving vegas.

That is something we will look in too. I hope to have it back in about 8 weeks. I know Robbie is going to take it to St. George UT for a photo-shoot for a few of the 4x4 magazines when its finished.

Thanks again

bluewave

You bet. 2 months huh? I might be down that way then. :idontknow:

Feel free to stop by and take a look! Im really hoping it will be ready by then.

The hemi and transmission are already sold so im hoping to get those to the new owner jimmy next week
the forsale threads I got going keep getting longer and longer as the plan has evolved
the axles are 6 weeks out still
the intercooler, cadi steering wheel, shifter and various parts are at the shop already.
the new wheels will be ordered Monday morning
the tires will be ordered Monday morning also
im sure there is more im missing but its late.

Atch

Pretty impressive build, both before & soon to be after. I'll be curious to see how well you like the 6 packs, haven't heard too much about them.

bluewave

Any reason for not running a coilover setup and going with the traditional coil and shock setup?

I don't see gaining any advantage over what I have now. Adam at tried offroad was going to build the custom 4 link front and rear but said he could not see me gaining anything for spending that kind of money. I have a phone call scheduled with Jermey over at rock krawler suspension. He is wanting me to bring the jeep to him and allow them to build a suspension for it.

So I don't know yet. If I do it im going to do it right and go in to the tub and have to make interior towers and weld covers around them.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Why would you go into the tub, especially with 5" of lift? And you already have a 4 link so you would only need adjustable control arms that are longer. But good luck!

bluewave

still waiting for the jeep to go in to the shop! ive gone back and forth and up and down on plans, im still kicking the idea of doing the genright 4 link and 3 link set up while the jeep is getting the new axles underneath it.

think im going to keep the same height of 3.5''-4''

Last edited:

xflstl

Nice looking rig. Will be watching this build to see how you like the Torq axles, been eyeing them myself.

bluewave

Nice looking rig. Will be watching this build to see how you like the Torq axles, been eyeing them myself.

I think these will be the most issue free part of my build! jim Jackson has been the best person to deal with and has been extremely helpful. my axles should be shipping pretty soon!

bluewave

Now that my tires and wheels sold, I have to make a choice.

1. 40x13.50x17 toyo mt
2. 40x13.50x17 nitto trail grappler

any advise??

Top Bottom