Planning Build Questions

Evilidea

Ok so I have pretty much got my YJ under control now and it will do what I want while I build the new JK we are getting this winter sometime. I figure the day we make the last payment on the JK is when I will finish with EVO 4" Long Arm and I would like to go with 37's. The plan is to buy a Rubi and have a trail ready machine that will slowly be upgraded over 3-5 yrs. Most of what I plan to do is coming together great but now I need some pro tips, so here it goes.

1. Re-gearing, what all does this entail? For 37's I figure a 5.13 or 5.38 ratio, I understand the diff changes needed but what needs to be done with the rubi stock 4.10 Transfer Case? What other changes need to be made that I am not thinking about?

2. EVO DoubleD 4" w/ Bilstein Shocks possibly Kings w/o res. What do I need that doesn't come with this kit? I figure EVO Drag Link Flip but unsure. What else would be essential at this stage?

3. Rims/tires = Spyderlocs/Pitbull Rockers. I just like em but would love ideas for others to look at before a decision is made.

ATM I feel these will be the final mods done to the JK right around the time it gets paid off. Please inform me if I am missing important things here. I already have my plan for bumpers/tire carrier rock guards and sliders, body armor etc.

Thanks in advance:drinks:

Ride On!!!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Can I ask why your planning for mods that will come in 5 years? Just enjoy what you have. Even though you don't own it yet

Evilidea

Can I ask why your planning for mods that will come in 5 years? Just enjoy what you have. Even though you don't own it yet

Oh trust me the YJ and ZJ get all the fun and I am planning this build way in advance to ensure I cover everything and have the cash to do it without robbing the kids of disney world and other fun stuffz. All but lift, tires and re-gear will be done in first yr and the deal I made with the wife is the lift and all that go on after it's paid off and then she can get whatever car she wants. I'm hoping she likes the rubi and gets a 2nd one but we shall see.

Evilidea

So been googling and not finding info i want maybe I should take the bing challenge. Anyway if I go with a 4.88 ratio in the diffs what do I need to change in the T-case? Also what happens to the Rubi stock lockers are they needing replaced?

Rob

Nothing needs to be done to the transfer case. The front end needs reinforcement (gussets and sleeves or truss) and your going to want to change out the crappy stock axle shafts for something more resilient. The stock ball joints are pretty weak also.

One of your 1st mods should be C gussets IMO. Even if your going to stay stock for a while.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
With 37's and mountain altitudes, I'd go with 5.13 gears even with a Pentastar motor. MTG runs 5.13's on his here in Reno and I am pretty sure is happy with the decision to go that low.

Evilidea

Yea gussets And sleeves are going to be an early mod
Thnx for replies I'm still wondering about the lockers are they reusable with 4.88 or 5.13's or no?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE probably from 11k ft

Top Bottom