A thank you to my wayalife friends

A little over two months ago I joined this forum in search of advice and things to do to my JK, but I found more than that. Before I joined I was in a bad place in my life for a long time. With that said, here is a short story telling what I mean by that. I was born with a few things wrong with me, thanks to a drug a doctor gave my mom to help with morning sickness. It left me with no hands and no left foot.

Growing up I was always picked on, starred at, f'd with, I could go on and on. I did not like the fact that I was different than the other kids my age. So I would try to hide it by sticking my "nubs" in my pockets and always wear long pants so no one would see my fake leg. This went on for years. I then discovered beer, liquor and weed. This was my new mask to hide behind, to "escape" from my handicap.

After a few years of waking up in the parking lots of bars, fights, run-ins with local law enforcement and suicide attempts I found a girl that has got me in the right direction in my life. She has been with me for three years now and has started to let me see the light so to speak. After watching me try to keep resurrecting my old Cherokee and failing a lot, she bought me my 2012 JK. Which gets me back to the main part of this.

Joining this forum has been a great step in fighting my depression and social anxiety issues. I have made a lot of new friends on here. Some of you I have got a chance to meet and hang out with, and some I get to talk to via phone and pm's. In the last few months my girlfriend, family, and co-workers have noticed and commented on my attitude being better and me being more outgoing.

I give a big part of my getting better to being on here and hanging out, wheeling, and becoming a part of the WAYALIFE family.

Again thank you to all that have helped me become a better person and accepting me for who I am and not what I am.:beer::cool::thumb:

NubsMgee just have one thing to say, "Dude you ROCK and keep on Rocking!":rock: It is not the road we have traveled which define us but the one which are embarking on. Everday is a new day and one to cherrish. One of my Sailors told me a few months ago, today is a work of art, just enjoy the beauty of it.
It is an honor to call you friend and brother in the WAYALIFE Forum. Even though we have not met personally our paths may cross just never know when.

R/
Will

FrankenJeeper

It's great to hear your doing better now, it's always heartwarming to hear of someone turning their life around. I hope to see you on the trails one day!

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Woooooo Hoooooooo! Glad to hear you are doing well. Sounds like you have an awesome girlfriend too!:thumb:

Noobicon

Life is an epic journey of discovery and rediscovery. Nubs, this forum did not change you. Simply put, you are discovering who you really are and shedding the images of what all the losers you have encountered made you think you were. Positive, good people won't care about your nubs. After I finally get my Jeep in the fall..... Crosses fingers, I hope to wheel with you one day. You are an inspiration. Stay positive and wheel on my man.

Tackerdown

Banned
All I have to say is you are one hell of a guy,inspirational. I would have never guessed you had struggled in the past and am glad to call you friend. I'm looking forward to the next trip.

Tom & Dee
EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

mikefishes

You're a great guy Nubs. Hopefully your dark times are behind you. I've personally enjoyed getting to know you a bit and I look forward to wheeling/camping/:beer: with you in the future.

Mike

seanb123

Nubs It was awesome meeting you last week and surprisingly enough my girlfriend who was with us is an OT and sees situations like yours all to often but all she was saying all day was that she thought it was awesome how you don't let anything stop you from doing what you love. She sees alot of people feel sorry for themselves but not you. I have to say I agree it's amazing you don't let anything get you down. Jeep On

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am glad to call you my friend Nubs! been great talking with you over the phone and on here on the forum. glad you are doing better! you have a great support system around you to keep you going! i will pass on to you something my dad always says to me "Dont have a great day, MAKE it a great day"

Bootman83

Hey Nubs, glad to hear things are turning around for you bud. We haven't met up yet in the real world but seeing you're not far away and talking to you on here I'm sure it's just a a matter of time!!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Great news Nubs. It's a shame people have been cruel to you. Remember people mock what they fear. They fear because they are cowards. You my friend have courage and I commend you for sharing your story with us.

I'm glad to hear you have found comfort in the Wayalife community and a good woman that supports you. 👍

EOD-JKU

Outstanding post Nubs, I am sorry for all the trouble in your past and hope everything keeps improving for you. This is an outstanding community here and I am sure there isn't a single person here who doesn't want to personally congratulate you for everything you have overcome.

HoosierWolf

"I would have never guessed you had struggled in the past" <- This

Your posts are always so positive and you seem like good people. We don't know each other obviously but this was the impression I have been left with.

Really glad to hear things are turning up for you! :rock:

Aeraun

Just want to say it was a great pleasure meeting you at Rausch Nubs. My brother and I were amazed to see how you handled those trails and how you just kept pushing, it was truly inspiring to watch and for me it showed a lot about your character. We all have our demons and all try to find ways to deal with them and I'm glad to hear that the Jeep wayalife is helping you do that. Thanks for sharing your story with us and I hope to see you at the next Rausch trip.

Trembley

Nubs...you're good people man. I'm glad you've found some common ground with like minded people who are open and accepting! Those are the type of people you should surround yourself with in life. Sometimes it takes us longer than we would like, but when you reach that place anything is possible.

I consider myself lucky to call you a friend and hope we continue to have many jeep adventures!

Ben

jkmadness

I said it already, you are My Hero.... NUBSTER...... you are a very liked person and we love hanging and wheeling with you...
Sincerely Ed

GCM 2

Nubs......just that name alone says you are an awesome person. We have a lot to learn from you brother, you are the man! You can drive or co-drive my rig any day my friend. :rock:

Top Bottom