Home from Afghanistan - Bought a new WK2 Trail Hawk

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Well I just got home from Trashcanistan after working as a private contractor helicopter mechanic at FOB Salerno, and promptly traded in the '13 Black Forest Green 3.6/Quadratrac I Laredo E with 9700 miles on a new '13 Deep Cherry Red Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk that I fell in love with. Has everything I wanted except the dual panoramic sunroof, has the standard moonroof though. V-6, Nav, E package...basically everything except the hemi which I didn't want, the pano sunroof, and the power lift gate. I LOVE this thing! LOVE LOVE LOVE the color! The air suspension rides like a dream. Better than the standard in my opinion. The seats are spectacular! The update software in the 430N RHB is much better IMHO. Now I can confidently wheel this thing. It will see trail use. Heading to Sedona to run Soldiers Pass once I'm back in AZ later this month. Maybe the back way to Crown King as well. Having a wife that doesn't want a JK as our only vehicle and a 7 1/2 month old daughter, the WK2 has to do in place of a JK for now. Once I graduate school, I'll get another JK. Enough mumbo jumbo....on to the pics.

At the dealer.

And home for the first time.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Love it! Sweet ride

Sent from my SGH-T989 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks!

Anyone on here know where I can still find the old Mopar Hutchison Moab style beadlocks? I'd love a set of those to put on this with some 32" stock JK sized tires. If I cannot find a set of those, the AEV Pintler beadlocks would look and work nice as well.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Awesome! What are your plans for it?

I'd like to get some nice wheels for it. Preferably the Mopar/Hutchison JK Moab style double beadlocks, and if I cannot find a set of those, just a set of AEV Pintler beadlocks in Argent, and some 32" tires. Also looking at the Rocky Road Outfitters winch kit and maybe the front skid plate for it.

familytime2

Welcome home:thumb: sweet ride,when my son comes homes from Afgan in December he already has plans on finding a 1967 fastback

CajunJK

Welcome Back!

:thumb: Nice ride and welcome back! I was also in Salerno for 2 yrs. I'm currently sitting in Kuwait waiting on that lovely Freedom Bird Home!!! Bet it feels GREAT to be HOME!!! Enjoy that new ride!

GCM 2

Nice!

Welcome home brother! Nice looking purchase there, Soldier pass will be a breeze in the new ride. Pretty cool you got to see FOB Salerno before the end. My organization is closing its doors to the compound there on SAL soon and pulling out. Always good to get home to your own place, your own shitter, your own shower! It's the little things in life :rock:

CajunJK

Welcome home brother! Nice looking purchase there, Soldier pass will be a breeze in the new ride. Pretty cool you got to see FOB Salerno before the end. My organization is closing its doors to the compound there on SAL soon and pulling out. Always good to get home to your own place, your own shitter, your own shower! It's the little things in life :rock:

Own shitter would probably be #1 on the list for everyone!!!! Def sick n tired of walkin 100yds to shit behind a shower curtain!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Thanks everyone!

It feels great to be home. Like you said Greg, own shower and shitter make life so much better. I did love being on Salerno though, compared to some other places I could've been. I spent 3 weeks at FOB Shank on my way out to finish some work on a Hawk. That place sucked. I cannot wait to get back out on the trails and in sunny AZ. :beer:

Top Bottom