Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Economy on 3.6L V6 Grand Cherokee???

Re: Fuel Economy on 3.6L V6 Grand Cherokee???

I only run 89 octane defiantly saw an improvement in mpg between the 87/89 octane

Sent from my HTC One X using WAYALIFE mobile app
    J Bolinger KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by JBO-JK View Post
    I only run 89 octane defiantly saw an improvement in mpg between the 87/89 octane

next time i put gas in im gonna put 89 in. Thanks for the idea. have you tried 91?

Re: Fuel Economy on 3.6L V6 Grand Cherokee???

I have tried 91 did not see a difference between 89/91 I normally set the cruise control about 72 on the highway didn't notice much of a change around town though.

J Bolinger KCCO

Knows a Thing or Two ProfessionalDriver's Avatar
    Thanks for the feedback guys I've heard numerous times the debate on MPG for the '12+ JKU's.

I'm just curious if anyone has any experience in a '12+ Grand Cherokee with the 3.6L V6

I have had my '12 Laredo WK2 4x4 for 18 months. Before lift, wheels and tire I got 22 highway and 18 city. Within 100 miles of ownership the lift and everything was installed so the engine was not broken in and not even a full tank was used. I just had a CAI and exhaust put on a couple months ago but before the two I was getting 17 city and 21 highway. The CAI was put on first and the MPG dropped to 15 and 19. The Gibson exhaust (installed a month later) brought it back up to what it was before and actually ever so slightly better, 17-18 city and 21-22 highway. I don't drive easy either.

On our trip last summer to Durango from Houston I was at 22 MPG by the time I hit Dallas and maintained that MPG all the way to Durango. So estentially the CAI and exhaust brought the MPG back up. I cannot complain about the MPG at all. Just wish a tuner was out for it.
    Last edited by Jackal01; 07-07-2013 at 12:05 AM.

Knows a Thing or Two ProfessionalDriver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
    I have had my '12 Laredo WK2 4x4 for 18 months. Before lift, wheels and tire I got 22 highway and 18 city. Within 100 miles of ownership the lift and everything was installed so the engine was not broken in and not even a full tank was used. I just had a CAI and exhaust put on a couple months ago but before the two I was getting 17 city and 21 highway. The CAI was put on first and the MPG dropped to 15 and 19. The Gibson exhaust (installed a month later) brought it back up to what it was before and actually ever so slightly better, 17-18 city and 21-22 highway. I don't drive easy either.

On our trip last summer to Durango from Houston I was at 22 MPG by the time I hit Dallas and maintained that MPG all the way to Durango. So estentially the CAI and exhaust brought the MPG back up. I cannot complain about the MPG at all. Just wish a tuner was out for it.
    Thanks for the info... We picked up a '14 GC today. Looking forward to the better fuel economy. We're coming from a 10-11 MPG, 6.2L GMC Yukon, so pretty much anything is better than that.

Reports from other '14 WK2 owners is that the new 8 speed tranny is getting better MPG than the '11-'13 WK2.

Oh and congrats.

I need to do the opposite of y'all are get a JKUR. But...that is 5+ years down the line.
    Last edited by Jackal01; 07-08-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Caught the Bug
    my 2013 jk 6 speed is getting 150 miles to a full tank

Fuel Economy on 3.6L V6 Grand Cherokee???

Quote Originally Posted by 2k13jk View Post
    my 2013 jk 6 speed is getting 150 miles to a full tank
    that is not good!!
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Know this is a little late, but my wife's Grand Cherokee Limited is getting right around 21 mpg on the interstate, but that's running 80. Drop down to about 70 and you can bump 24 mpg. 17 to 18 in the city! Hers is a 2011.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast