pic request RK 5.5 X-Factor on 37s

desertrunner

just curious is anyone out there running the RK 5.5 x-factor on 37s? or something similar im curious what my rig would look like if i went a little higher on my lift

bl17z90

I have seen Eddie say on a number of ocassions that moby has 4.5" of lift and the 40's fit very well.

Too my understanding going up to 5" or higher will really heighten your center of gravity which can make rolling your jeep much easier.

I'm also pretty sure there are guys here that have 2.5-3" of lift who have 37's. If memory serves correctly, Hinrich is running 37's on the terraflex 2.5 lift kit on his 2 door.

But if you are going for thr big and tall look then thats cool too, just throwing some ideas out there.

desertrunner

thats kinda the response i figured to get. im running the RK 3.5 right now with 37s and it does great in most situations but there are times i just wanted a little more clearance but im thinking that 5.5 is way too much for 37s i was just curious how it would look if anyone was running it.

Beyrgut

I could be completely wrong here, but I think you gain more clearance from tire size than lift. My understanding is go with just enough lift to clear the tires you want to run. Being that you probably beefed up enough to run the 37's, going to 40s when its time to replace them may be all you need to do.

2007 JKU

Banned
IMG_1135.jpg IMG_1136.jpg I have a JK 3.5 X Factor Plus System with 37" MTR's and just upgraded to their 5.5" coils for the same reason, needed more height as loaded my 3.5" lift was more like a 2" Got tired of dragging the belly everywhere.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a JK 3.5 X Factor Plus System with 37" MTR's and just upgraded to their 5.5" coils for the same reason, needed more height as loaded my 3.5" lift was more like a 2" Got tired of dragging the belly everywhere.
PM me your email address and I'll get you pictures and more info if you like.

Why not post up the pictures here for others to see?

desertrunner

yeah i was talking more clearance on my belly im constantly dragging my rails over stuff (thats what they are there for i know) but a little more lift would be nice
that 5.5 on 39s looks really good though :thumb:

Top Bottom