whats your MPG?

desertrunner

on my trip from grand junction to colorado springs (300ish miles pretty hilly) i pulled this off somehow.
not bad for a 5400lb rig a wimpy 3.8L and a 37" tire 4.10 gear ratio combo. Im also running a Airaid CAI and Dynomax exhaust which did bump me up about 1-2 mpg
but just curious i havent reprogrammed for the bigger tire size so my spedo and odometer is still off does that mean my mpg on the computer is off too? :thinking:

IMAG1586.jpg

Last edited:

Atch

on my trip from grand junction to colorado springs (300ish miles pretty hilly) i pulled this off somehow.
not bad for a 5400lb rig a wimpy 3.8L and a 37" tire 4.10 gear ratio combo
but just curious i havent reprogrammed for the bigger tire size so my spedo and odometer is still off does that mean my mpg on the computer is off too? :thinking:

View attachment 39196

Yes your computer is off too

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I get around 18 MPG on average with 33s. Im extremely happy with that, considering my last Daily Driver (83 CJ7) got around 11, and I was driving about 50 miles a day in it!!

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
not bad for a 5400lb rig a wimpy 3.8L and a 37" tire 4.10 gear ratio combo

View attachment 39196

Yes, somehow your mileage was even better than 14.8 because your jeep doesn't know the circumference increase so with each axle revolution it thinks you travelled the distance if your old circumference.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
14.5-15 with top and doors off and mixed driving. 16.5-18 with everything on and mixed driving.

But I believe there is a thread on this and everyone's will vary with each build.

mrmet1983

I'm at 14 around town with 35s and 373s

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

RUBI4US

I get 18.5 with the top down in my bone stock :( 08 Rubicon Unlimited with 66000 miles on the original tires.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Wayalife mobile

Last edited:

desertrunner

14.5-15 with top and doors off and mixed driving. 16.5-18 with everything on and mixed driving.

But I believe there is a thread on this and everyone's will vary with each build.

if there was another thread i missed it sorry but that was the point its cool to see how much every rig differs with each build and lead foot :rock:

Aeraun

Well I have a heavy foot, but have been trying to drive more conservatively, but I get low teens around town and usually in the 14-17 range on highway. 33" trail grapps on my '12 JKU, CAI and AFE cat back exhaust. Computer has been reprogrammed for tires And that's with doors and top on. :-/

Paisano

Not good... I average just over 11 with 37's and a Dynomax exhaust which is to blame because I like the sound! Yup

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DallasJKU

2013 JKU with 3.73's, 2.5" AEV, 35's and auto. I normally get 14-15 with all city driving. I got 16 on a long distance trip. My last tank I got 16 which is the best tank on my setup, but most of that tank was without the hardtop if that makes any difference.

JK'AJUN

With stock tires, it was reading 22mpg, mixed driving. After 33" with speedo adjustment, its reading about 17mpg mixed driving.

WhiteDynamite

Last tank worked out to be 16.6mpg... 2013 2-door, 37's, 4.88's. Only got that because I pretty much went the whole tank without using the A/C.

xtremefx4

I was getting 19-21 mpg with stock tires that's mixed driving. Now that I put 35 Baja Claw I'm getting 17.5-18.5 mixed driving. 2011 Rubicon unlimited 4.10 gear w 6 speed w 1-3/4 spacer lift.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom