Viking Synthetic Rope - FAIL!

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
OK, the title is a bit deceiving. For those of you that have a Viking synthetic winch line on order and have been waiting for a long time, I found out why.

2-1/2 months ago I ordered a Viking 3/8”x100’ orange synthetic line. Then waited. And waited. And waited. The shop I ordered it from called Viking every week for a status update only to be told that it would ship “next week”.

A couple days ago someone gave me the idea to go on Viking’s website and order it from there. I ordered it from their website and selected “Next Day Shipping” at an additional $40. The next day I went on their site to check the status of my order and it said “Awaiting Processing”. So I called the company - no answer. I emailed the company and they called me!

Here is what they told me ... “We are a small company and the summer is a slow time for us. We have a cash-flow issue”.
SO, I have been waiting for 2-1/2 months being told this whole time that it will be here “next week" and they can’t afford to buy the rope???

Needless to say I cancelled my online order and at the local shop and ordered a MASTER PULL rope instead. Moral of the story, if you are waiting on a Viking Rope don’t hold your breath. Cancel and order a MASTER PULL.

Thanks for listening to me vent. :mad:

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That sucks! I'm really interested to hear what you think of the masterpull though. Which version did you get?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
it’s a Master Pull 3/8”x100’ black rope.

I don't think I've seen their black rope. I'll have to check out their website. Do you know if it is "Basic", "Superline", or "Superline XD"?

Edit: I think what I was originally thinking was gray rope may actually be black but I don't know for sure.

Last edited:

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
it’s a Master Pull Superline 3/8”x100’ in black rope. Rated 23,900lbs. I have seen their grey line but was asked if I wanted it in black.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
it’s a Master Pull Superline 3/8”x100’ in black rope. Rated 23,900lbs. I have seen their grey line but was asked if I wanted it in black.

Cool...makes sense. Let me know how you like it because I was definitely leaning in the same direction (or for the Superline XD).

Hightower

To bad the company is having issues but it would be a lot better for their long term health to simply be honest to everyone as soon as possible.

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom