New used car

13JKUR

So I need some help and advice from my fellow jeepers. I recently had a 2003 jeep grand cherokee that I was lucky enough to have someone rear end me and it looks like its going to be totaled. My question is, I need a new used car that is economical and reliable for a commuter (100 miles) per day. I need to get something 2006 or newer for finance reasons to keep my payment the same and about 10-12k. What would you guys get or what would you recommend?

Aeraun

So I need some help and advice from my fellow jeepers. I recently had a 2003 jeep grand cherokee that I was lucky enough to have someone rear end me and it looks like its going to be totaled. My question is, I need a new used car that is economical and reliable for a commuter (100 miles) per day. I need to get something 2006 or newer for finance reasons to keep my payment the same and about 10-12k. What would you guys get or what would you recommend?

Well for what you are looking for, I'd say go with a civic or ford fiesta or something along those lines. Not my cups of tea but for reliability and gas milage, compacts from Honda, Nissan, Toyota etc. I'd prefer American, for as much as American a car is nowadays, and Ford has come a long way. Also, may be out of your price range but the Dodge Dart is quite nice. Not sure if you want a vehicle that has at least a little bit of a "oh nice" factor.

KPM171

How about a used 2010ish Honda Fit Sport or a 2008ish Jetta TDI? Those should fit the bill for excellent commuter cars. Not sure how hard the winters are in WI tho, so you may want to look into something that's AWD perhaps?

13JKUR

I would always like a little oh nice but its not a big priority mostly just some comfort for a daily drive. The oh nice can be reserved for my Rubi :). I was thinking like a Camry, I don't think I would do a civic, a Jetta would actually be a good idea and diesel perhaps.

KPM171

I would always like a little oh nice but its not a big priority mostly just some comfort for a daily drive. The oh nice can be reserved for my Rubi :). I was thinking like a Camry, I don't think I would do a civic, a Jetta would actually be a good idea and diesel perhaps.

Camry?!? :eek: Nooooooooooo!

A diesel Jetta could be fun. You can probably also pick up a used 2006-2008+ Volvo S60 or S40. They make one comfy and safe commuter car. Also, the 2.5T's in the S60's are torquey as hell!

TAGTJ

My daily driver is a VW Jetta Diesel and I get 40+ mpg around town and more out on the road. Saving $$$$$ for more Jeep parts

13JKUR

My daily driver is a VW Jetta Diesel and I get 40+ mpg around town and more out on the road. Saving $$$$$ for more Jeep parts

Hehe that's my plan. At this point I could've bought a decent car with cash if I wasn't buying parts for the JKX but it'll all be worth it.

MrJ3sser

I'm surprised no one has said it yet. You definitely need a Prius. Seems to fit the bill perfectly. :clap2:

jesse3638

Hooked
Just picked up a new Kia Optima for the wife. That 2.0L turbo is fast and getting mid 30's on the freeway is a nice change over her commuting in my pickup. Although the 2013's prob are a little out of your 10-12K price range.

13JKUR

I finally picked up our car. We got a 2012 Mitsubishi galant with 35,000 miles for $10,500. Thought it was a good deal so we jumped on it.

Top Bottom