Rigid Dually on OEM JK wiring.

Tranquillity

Some of you said that could be helpful if you wanted to connect your Rigid to your oem fog light harness. So here's what I did to make it fit. I'm no electric professional so feel free to add up anything on what I did.

Here it goes

First I removed the green rubber grommet, then all I did was trimming the oem fog wiring to make it fit to the rigid one. I did it with a dremmel, it was quick and painless. Then I "enlarged" the two holes for the rigid connector to fit in. You can take a small screwdriver, I took an allen key. **Watch out for not making it too big or the connector will be loosened up.

I kept the green rubber grommet and tried my best to fit it so that it will remain water sealed. I had to push it with my small allen key in order to get it in place. Finally I taped it all to add extra protection. Here's some pictures, I hope this helps you.

And for the flickering issue it isn't that much of trouble. Here's a short vid of what it does. It's only when you turned off your engine. It went on for about 20 / 40 seconds. **It seems that this issue is depending on your JK so it might differ from what I have.

Your oem fog wiring:
IMG_2970_zpsb0caa3da.jpg

The oem fog wiring trimmed with the dremmel:
IMG_2966_zps6877b66a.jpg

IMG_2973_zps768439cb.jpg

Here's what I did to enlarge the connectors:
IMG_2976_zps0e9266b3.jpg

***Now, I'd suggest that you mark one side of the oem connector since it does only work on one side. (Positive on Positive, vice versa) If your rigid doesn't light up, flip your connector and that's it. ***

The green rubber grommet:
IMG_2978_zps3d1432d0.jpg

Here it is pushed inside:
IMG_2979_zps5285aabf.jpg

Then I wrapped all up with black tape and that's it !
IMG_2981_zpsdeda0872.jpg

Key turned to on, engine not running.
IMG_3002_zps210a2036.jpg

The flickering :
[video]http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/gossedeglace/media/IMG_2995_zps9aeb5739.mp4.html[/video][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Great job figuring it out! im unable to watch the video at work but do they flicker while driving down the road with this set up are do you now know.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Great job figuring it out! im unable to watch the video at work but do they flicker while driving down the road with this set up are do you now know.

They flicker when the lights are off. That was my biggest issue for not running any attached to my factory harness. Almost looks like a slow strobe light.

Skid_Kid

They flicker when the lights are off. That was my biggest issue for not running any attached to my factory harness. Almost looks like a slow strobe light.

That would drive me nuts! I have some to mount to the rear like on Moby and RubiCAT. But I am thinking I would still have a flicker when not in reverse? I want to be able for them to come inning reverse and also when needed with a switch.

Sent from my PRC-119

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That would drive me nuts! I have some to mount to the rear like on Moby and RubiCAT. But I am thinking I would still have a flicker when not in reverse? I want to be able for them to come inning reverse and also when needed with a switch.

Sent from my PRC-119

I think if you wire them up to a separate switch and into the wiring harness they may work. Think I saw someone do that and say it worked. But I am not totally sure.

sean.m.adams33

I'm about to install some duallys for my reverse lights. Just wondering what the best wiring solution is, right to the battery and their own switch? Or splice into the factory harness.

sean.m.adams33

This is what I got from another member, have not tried it yet.

Thanks! I think I'm leaning towards not tapping into the wiring and wiring them separately in case I want more use out of them say as camp lights or something. But this is helpful and if I do go that route I will refer to this!

jeepinok

Did you ever figure out how to keep them from strobing? Have you ever been pulled over for the lights, because of the strobing?

Krieger

Did you ever figure out how to keep them from strobing? Have you ever been pulled over for the lights, because of the strobing?

Here's a photo of the resisters I used on my rig. I purchased these on Amazon a while back. When the lights flicker it's not like they get full power and flicker its more like a dim flicker at a slow rate. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1420814899.604366.jpg the clips you see just snap on to the factory wires.

Top Bottom