cb antenna mount

07rub

hey

My dad gave is old CB radio but the antenna mount is an magnet mount so im just wondering if anyone ad ideas or suggestion too install it i do have the hard top on my jk but as all of u know its plastic and i cant modify the mount or the antenna

thanks in advance

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
well, if you have to use the magnetic antenna, you can just attach it to your cowl and run the coax cable through the edge of your door. I've seen lots of guys do this.

ichthus

I scrapped the magnet antennae, bought 25' of cable, a tailgate mount & a firestick2. The plastic panel on the inside of the tailgate pops off, run the cable through it and out the vents behind the spare, the zip tie the cable to the other wires so it doesn't bind. Remove the rollbar padding on the passenger side and run the cable along the rollbar with zip ties. Easy peasy

ichthus

Performance and longevity. The magnet antenna doesn't have the range of a Firestick, not will it stand up to as much offroad abuse.

Hack12

Just finished installing my mount and antenna. It looks great thanks to Eddy's advice of routing the wire right through my Trektop. Worked out perfectly. Now, I have to figure out how the heck to tune this thing!

After doing a bit of research, this placement seemed to be one of the best for reception, obviously, besides the center of my roof. Something you may want to think about. I haven't tested it out yet, or tuned it, for that matter. I've read some stuff about running a ground wire but I don't really understand it fully.

All in all, this mount and equipment was very cheap and easy to install. Any pointers you guys can offer on function/tuning would be greatly appreciated!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391201112.716088.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391201119.782675.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391201128.165776.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391201136.601264.jpg

If live near a truck stop that would a great place to start looking for parts. Additionally near truck stops usually are CB repair shops. There is a CB shop in town I use. He was very helpful in setting up my CB. When the sun comes up I will get some pics.

R/
Will

Panda

In also looking for antenna mounting ideas is there any alternative to drilling the body? Anyone have ideas? Pics?

Sent from bad apples...

Hack12

In also looking for antenna mounting ideas is there any alternative to drilling the body? Anyone have ideas? Pics?

Sent from bad apples...

There are tons of different mounts available. Just search JK CB Antenna Mounts and you'll find a thousand options. You just have to weigh what works for you, ease of install vs reception/transmission quality. There are so many threads on here that will explain all of it in much further depth.

Rccrwlr

Sent from bad apples...

I had a piece of flat bar laying around. Cut to fit. Drilled a few holes to line up with the tire carrier bolts and bent to an L. Painted to match and blam instant CB mount

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391882200.066308.jpg

Panda

I had a piece of flat bar laying around. Cut to fit. Drilled a few holes to line up with the tire carrier bolts and bent to an L. Painted to match and blam instant CB mount

View attachment 68018

That is a great idea! I also have a piece of flat bar laying around lol thanks Rccrwir! I will try this today :thumb:

Sent from bad apples...

Top Bottom