Noob question

noroad

So my lift kit is on it way, and my question is about driveshafts, in order to get the right one you need to measure then call in the order? so if that is true what do you do till they come? Can i run stock ones and pray i make it to work or am i just a sitting duck?

Many drive-shaft manufacturers have experience with lift/vehicle combos and can pretty accurately ball-park a measurements from previous customers. This said... giving them the actual measurements for your exact setup is best.

You will likely be okay on the stock rear as long as you keep her flat... I would pull the front until the new one arrives. Especially if you have a 3.6L 12'+

Edit... Just noticed you have a 2-door. The might be pretty stretched too... I don't know as I haven't seen this much lift on a 2-door in person.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So my lift kit is on it way, and my question is about driveshafts, in order to get the right one you need to measure then call in the order? so if that is true what do you do till they come? Can i run stock ones and pray i make it to work or am i just a sitting duck?

No, it's not true. Most good drive shafts like what JE Reel or Coast make, you can just order one based on the amount of lift you have.

noroad

No, it's not true. Most good drive shafts like what JE Reel or Coast make, you can just order one based on the amount of lift you have.

Ok well that is good to hear, I will have to give them a call and see what they can do for me then, thanks for clearing that up.

Top Bottom